NMCP (Navy-Norfolk) Timeline

Waste Heat

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
After many calls to the PEB customer service line I was actually able to speak with someone today. The Chief I spoke with said they had a backlog and that it looked like my package was going to be looked at today or tomorrow for fit/unfit determination. Then she mentioned some other steps in the process. Does anybody know when the package goes through the QA process? After it comes back from VA or before it goes to VA?

12Mustang05

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
After many calls to the PEB customer service line I was actually able to speak with someone today. The Chief I spoke with said they had a backlog and that it looked like my package was going to be looked at today or tomorrow for fit/unfit determination. Then she mentioned some other steps in the process. Does anybody know when the package goes through the QA process? After it comes back from VA or before it goes to VA?
I am not 100 percent but I think after before it goes back to your peblo for you to review findings. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Bosanceros

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The PEB is back logged a good amount. When my package went up their systems were down for a period and they apparently lost a few packages. They ended up changing dates on the submission which screwed over the PEBLOS. My PEBLO was pissed and brought it up to the district manager who notified higher ups who ever those are. Upside is that apparently VA has actually been a lot faster in recent weeks. I believe me and you are both out of Portsmouth and my package is estimated to be completed by the end of the month.

As far as the QA phase, once everything is done it goes through a QA phase right before it gets submitted to the VA. The VA will do their ratings, forward them for review (QA) and once the propose ratings are done it goes back to the PEB for review again which is another month or so.

In essence youre looking at about another week at the PEB, 30-45 days at the VA and then another 30 days at the PEB again.

The timeline for VA is based of information from the PEBLO so do not rely on it to much as some members here have had a longer time at the VA than normal.

As I stated before, I will keep posting update on my stuff so you can get a better time line. As of right now my package was at the PEB for a month before unfit and it has been at the VA for about 3 weeks awaiting ratings with no movement.

Hope this helps.

Waste Heat

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The PEB is back logged a good amount. When my package went up their systems were down for a period and they apparently lost a few packages. They ended up changing dates on the submission which screwed over the PEBLOS. My PEBLO was pissed and brought it up to the district manager who notified higher ups who ever those are. Upside is that apparently VA has actually been a lot faster in recent weeks. I believe me and you are both out of Portsmouth and my package is estimated to be completed by the end of the month.

As far as the QA phase, once everything is done it goes through a QA phase right before it gets submitted to the VA. The VA will do their ratings, forward them for review (QA) and once the propose ratings are done it goes back to the PEB for review again which is another month or so.

In essence youre looking at about another week at the PEB, 30-45 days at the VA and then another 30 days at the PEB again.

The timeline for VA is based of information from the PEBLO so do not rely on it to much as some members here have had a longer time at the VA than normal.

As I stated before, I will keep posting update on my stuff so you can get a better time line. As of right now my package was at the PEB for a month before unfit and it has been at the VA for about 3 weeks awaiting ratings with no movement.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Who is your PEBLO? I have Hazwood.

Bosanceros

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Don't have him but I do have another gentleman working there. Don't like giving out names of PEBLOs on here in order to avoid any negative feedback or issues that may arise. Nothing against you or anybody here just don't want to run into an issue with him lol

Waste Heat

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Don't have him but I do have another gentleman working there. Don't like giving out names of PEBLOs on here in order to avoid any negative feedback or issues that may arise. Nothing against you or anybody here just don't want to run into an issue with him lol
Understand.

12Mustang05

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Guess All of us are out of Portsmouth Ive been waiting on my findings for a awhile so something is up, package went to PEB Feb 26 Unfit March 26 nothing since

Bosanceros

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Guess All of us are out of Portsmouth Ive been waiting on my findings for a awhile so something is up, package went to PEB Feb 26 Unfit March 26 nothing since
And you still have no word on the movement ? That seems like a longer time than what my PEBLO is saying. I know the PEB is back logged because of the system they use (HAIMS) or who ever you spell it was down for a while. We can literally destroy someone from thousand miles away but cant figure out how to get a system to work properly.

12Mustang05

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
And you still have no word on the movement ? That seems like a longer time than what my PEBLO is saying. I know the PEB is back logged because of the system they use (HAIMS) or who ever you spell it was down for a while. We can literally destroy someone from thousand miles away but cant figure out how to get a system to work properly.
Unfortunately no I went to preparation for decision on April 11 and nothing since I stop looking on e benefits like 2 weeks ago no need to worry myself checking the site was giving me anxiety lol. Right before I stopped looking I called Peb this was around may 15th and they said it was still at Va, after that I stop looking. Before that I talked to Peb I called the Va and they said they didn't need anything and they were still working on ratings but they were saying the same time frame as ebenefits they are not that familiar with IDES process, since then Ive just said ill just wait on the call whenever it comes May 26 was 2 months still waiting I just think every case differs hopefully yours will get back sooner. Just sharing my experience most people whose stuff went up around my time have gotten ratings.

Bosanceros

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Unfortunately no I went to preparation for decision on April 11 and nothing since I stop looking on e benefits like 2 weeks ago no need to worry myself checking the site was giving me anxiety lol. Right before I stopped looking I called Peb this was around may 15th and they said it was still at Va, after that I stop looking. Before that I talked to Peb I called the Va and they said they didn't need anything and they were still working on ratings but they were saying the same time frame as ebenefits they are not that familiar with IDES process, since then Ive just said ill just wait on the call whenever it comes May 26 was 2 months still waiting I just think every case differs hopefully yours will get back sooner. Just sharing my experience most people whose stuff went up around my time have gotten ratings.
I really don't understand this system. You would figure it would be speed lined since all the information is provided in advance. I hope for a response for you soon bro. This waiting thing is killing me especially since I am trying to sell my house.

12Mustang05

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I really don't understand this system. You would figure it would be speed lined since all the information is provided in advance. I hope for a response for you soon bro. This waiting thing is killing me especially since I am trying to sell my house.
Thanks bro I had my Peblo check on it today even he is like whats the issue? I know how the selling the house thing is I just sold mine Monday so that stress is over im thankful for that but now im even MORE ready to go lol, but what can I do Va says they have everything and they are working on it blah blah. Ill keep you guys up dated and yes this part of the process can be very stressful all I can do is wait hopefully soon. Good luck with the selling of your home btw.

Bosanceros

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Got some movement so I figured it give you guys an update. Stuff went to prep for decision, call the VA who told me my package was being rated in providence RI. Called them and was told my package was done with a proposed rating of 60% VA. Now its waiting on the PEB to do their thing. Depending on what they rated I may appeal it since my doctor at the Hampton VA completely messed up my stuff. Hope you guys are getting movement.

Waste Heat

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Got some movement so I figured it give you guys an update. Stuff went to prep for decision, call the VA who told me my package was being rated in providence RI. Called them and was told my package was done with a proposed rating of 60% VA. Now its waiting on the PEB to do their thing. Depending on what they rated I may appeal it since my doctor at the Hampton VA completely messed up my stuff. Hope you guys are getting movement.
Glad to hear you have some movement. Hoping to hear PEB decision any day now. Thanks for the update.

12Mustang05

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
HMMMM.. I wonder since your case is out of NMCP also does that mean RI is rating mine also? I would just like to get some info on how much longer POSSIBLY lol, your out of NMCP or case peblo etc at NMCP would you mind sharing the number?

Waste Heat

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
HMMMM.. I wonder since your case is out of NMCP also does that mean RI is rating mine also? I would just like to get some info on how much longer POSSIBLY lol, your out of NMCP or case peblo etc at NMCP would you mind sharing the number?
I was told all Navy IDES goes to Providence.

12Mustang05

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks Roger ill be giving them a call once I can get ahold of the appropriate number. Ill be 80 days Friday I would think they could tell me something give a little hope that its not collecting dust on a desk somewhere.

Bosanceros

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
401-223-3700. They're as responsive as the PEB but they will give you all the information you need as long as you are respectful. I managed to reach someone right after 1400. Worth a shot. When I called, I gave the guy my info and he called me back within 15 minutes and gave me a full update on what the next steps are and what my proposed ratings were. He wouldn't go into specifics about the rating but knowing it was done and on its way back to the PEB was more than good enough for me.

12Mustang05

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
401-223-3700. They're as responsive as the PEB but they will give you all the information you need as long as you are respectful. I managed to reach someone right after 1400. Worth a shot. When I called, I gave the guy my info and he called me back within 15 minutes and gave me a full update on what the next steps are and what my proposed ratings were. He wouldn't go into specifics about the rating but knowing it was done and on its way back to the PEB was more than good enough for me.
That is the number I called Thanks I got it from another thread from a search on the forum but thank you the same. I called today below is the story. I just posted this in another thread so the rest is a copy/paste. But Thanks a lot your thread was the spark in a chain of events that got me some well needed answers!

So update to my 79 day since 26 Mar and waiting for ratings situation I have been asking questions for the last week now had my peblo reach out to MSC (va rep) to see what's going on. MSC claimed they couldn't see anything that was wrong or needed and it was with rater and she would email the va for follow up should take 48 hours to hear back that was last week. Checked back this week gave them 6 days not 48 hours and she said no response yet she would email again Roger that I see where this is going. So me being tired of the 1800 customer service reps giving me the same info on ebenefits and everyone else with the clueless I don't know why it should be back by now responses . I did some research saw a thread that said they called the regional office directly so that's what I did today, and was told by a gentlemen that they sent out a request for more info about my knees mind you this is not one of my unfitting conditions but hey I get it its apart of my claims. So I politely leave work and go to my peblos office to share the information and he makes a call to the Hampton VA and at first they say they don't see a request everything was completed in March …...THEN bam she says ...oh wait they sent one 06/13 lol yes TODAY for more information to complete the claim on my knee. Hmmm what are the chances of that being I just spoke to the regional office asking what's the hold up and now there is a request less than an hour later.So now I'm waiting to see the doctor again for an deferred condition addendum which is what they called it basically more information on my knees. Folks do not just sit back and let your claims GROW FEET!! :rolleyes:inquire about your case not blaming the VA this is not a bash the VA thread at all even though its a little fishy lol. I get it they have a lot of cases not sure what happened with mine but clearly someone dropped the ball along the way and if I wouldn't have inquired I wouldn't have found out what the hold up is. So I'm not sure how much longer this is going to take but at least I know I'm not crazy and something should have happened by now. Luckily I have a Peblo that at least tries to help more than most I read about. Just wanted to share perhaps this will help someone in the future that's the least I can do since I'm help less in my own situation at the moment. I am a believer now that after 60 days you should be asking questions. Good Luck to all.

Last edited:

Bosanceros

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Mustang - Solid. So my stuff was kicked back for clarification in regards to mental health. Doctor actually called me and asked the questions. Once I got off the phone with the doctor she forwarded to my MSC who forwarded it to the VA. My results were in the next day. If your claim is anything like mine, the knee clarification should be the last thing you need to complete your package. Light at the end of the tunnel. My stuff is back at the PEB now waiting for DOD ratings. Not going to bother calling just going to sit back and wait now.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">