NMCP (Navy-Norfolk) Timeline

Waste Heat

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thought I would share my timeline with the group. This is definitely an exercise in patience.

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)

I have been told by my PEBLO it will take 2-3 weeks after last VA appointment to compile required docs (VA exams, NMA, Personal Statement, NARSUM) for signature. The mental health appointment, tomorrow, is my last VA appointment. So that should start the clock on signature and sending to DC. I am hearing about 2 months from date of sending to DC for findings (based on word of mouth from others at that point in the PEB process at NMCP). Each case is different and my interactions are related to mental health.

Yes that timeline is accurate I'm going through process at NMCP just make sure you stay on top of your stuff appts etc and make sure command stays on top of NMA meaning do it in a timely fashion, also make sure your NMA reflects your desired outcome. From what I've seen for navy case NMA is very important piece of whether you will get fit or unfit.

Mustang thanks. I had a very active role in my NMA and it aligns to my desire for an unfit finding. I got after the NMA early in the process and it was in routing when I was referred. My PEBLO has it in hand. I have heard via word of mouth, on this forum and from the PEBLOS themselves that the NMA will carry 50% of the direction of findings.

Do you have your findings or waiting?

waiting on ratings found unfit though began meb jan 1st to give you idea time

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB

Now the real wait begins.

good luck

Nope still waiting been since 26 March waiting on ratings especially at Navy seem to be the longest part.

My medboard imitated at NMCP. Submitted to PEB 8 April and was found unfit 10 May. My package took forever at the PEB as they have apparently lost some claims and have been modifying dates on submission in order to meet their dead line. Id say hunker down as it may take a while. Ill keep tracking this post so I can give you a better timeline of how my package moves along. Best of luck to you.

Nope still waiting been since 26 March waiting on ratings especially at Navy seem to be the longest part.

Has your case closed out on VA.gov yet? We might have a similar timeline since mine went to VA for ratings around 26 March. I'm stationed at an AF base; my local PEBLO suggested I check that site since she is unable to see what's happening Navy side (they haven't answered when we've reached out to them either). VA closed my case on 1 May and I'm still waiting to hear about my ratings... The D.C. number said that they finished up last week, though.

Has your case closed out on VA.gov yet? We might have a similar timeline since mine went to VA for ratings around 26 March. I'm stationed at an AF base; my local PEBLO suggested I check that site since she is unable to see what's happening Navy side (they haven't answered when we've reached out to them either). VA closed my case on 1 May and I'm still waiting to hear about my ratings... The D.C. number said that they finished up last week, though.

I have not heard a fit/unfit decision at this point. This Friday will make 3 weeks since package was sent to the PEB. I am hoping to hear the fit/unfit decision in the next 10-12 days. Then more time to wait for VA. Just trying to keep busy and not focus on the wait. Best not to try and control what I cannot control.

No I haven't heard anything yet but if the va closed your case and sent it to Peb and the Peb says its done then it should be back to your peblo. You should be hearing something soon I would suspect. If you are at an AF base im not sure why he would say that he can call the Peb in DC just like you an inquire, I wouldn't take that as a valid answer.

Only way I was able to find out if I was unfit was by contacting the PEB. They notified weeks before my MSC found out. My stuff went to preparation for decision last week around the 20th. Submitted to the PEB April 8th , unift May 10th, Prep for decision 20th May. Since were both out of Portsmouth yours should track somewhat similar to mine so hope it helps.

No I haven't heard anything yet but if the va closed your case and sent it to Peb and the Peb says its done then it should be back to your peblo. You should be hearing something soon I would suspect. If you are at an AF base im not sure why he would say that he can call the Peb in DC just like you an inquire, I wouldn't take that as a valid answer.
It's a bit complicated...
The AF PEBLO on my base unfortunately has to go through the Navy PEBLO in my region since they submitted it (only one is able to access it). I found out that the PEB in DC sent my results to the Navy PEBLO last week, but the Navy PEBLO hasn't updated the system for the AF PEBLO to view (nor answered requests for info) since my case went to the VA. I did get my ratings today, though, possibly because I've heard another unit's CO got involved due to similar issues with the lack of communication from the regional office.

It's a bit complicated...
The AF PEBLO on my base unfortunately has to go through the Navy PEBLO in my region since they submitted it (only one is able to access it). I found out that the PEB in DC sent my results to the Navy PEBLO last week, but the Navy PEBLO hasn't updated the system for the AF PEBLO to view (nor answered requests for info) since my case went to the VA. I did get my ratings today, though, possibly because I've heard another unit's CO got involved due to similar issues with the lack of communication from the regional office.
Glad you got some answers I knew something wasn't adding up meaning someone in the process wasn't doing there job glad you got to the bottom and got your ratings hope it was what you were expecting. Congrats good luck

Unfortunately, those assigned to joint bases or with joint commands in which your primary PEBLO is from another branch often experience minor communications glitches or delays in receiving findings. However, the real issue at the Navy PEB level is that a number of permanent board members have either retired or gone on terminal leave, with no incoming members in sight. While they did post these positions a few months ago in a solicitation for reservists 0-5 and above to come onto active duty on 8-month orders, there were no takers nor did they seek to bring back experienced members who had retired using retired and recalled orders. As a result, their available manpower is at about half of where it was in January and this has slowed down the process to a great degree. They are so short-staffed that the CORB just received a special dispensation from the ASN to allow their 0-3 admin officer and an E-9 on staff to sit as board members in an exception to the 0-4 and above requirement of the SECNAVINST1850.4 series. The potentially good aspect of this manpower shortage is that the FPEB caseload is so heavy that the board members may stipulate- i.e. agree without a hearing or part way through a hearing - to well-prepared petitions/cases in order to reduce their workload. I will be having my first formal hearings with such a mixed board in the third week in June and will report back on how this move appears to play out. I have also made Jason aware of this new development re the composition of board members so that we can both keep track of it.