NMCP (Navy-Norfolk) Timeline

Mustang - Solid. So my stuff was kicked back for clarification in regards to mental health. Doctor actually called me and asked the questions. Once I got off the phone with the doctor she forwarded to my MSC who forwarded it to the VA. My results were in the next day. If your claim is anything like mine, the knee clarification should be the last thing you need to complete your package. Light at the end of the tunnel. My stuff is back at the PEB now waiting for DOD ratings. Not going to bother calling just going to sit back and wait now.
Yea the guy from Providence said that's the only thing holding me up my peblo talked with the doctor today and they said I didn't even have to see them for what they need so hopefully they get it done today and off to the VA, and we can finally get some resolve. Trying to stay positive being negative is just gonna hurt me at this point, Thanks

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)

Talked to PEB customer service, been found unfit. My PEB package is finishing QA and about to go to VA. If you are trying to call Navy PEB customer service, I recommend calling 202-685-6419. Answered on first call. Talked to a Marine Sargent.

Last edited:
23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)

Talked to PEB customer service, been found unfit. My PEB package is finishing QA and about to go to VA. If you are trying to call Navy PEB customer service, I recommend calling 202-685-6419. Answered on first call. Talked to a Marine Sargent.
Welcome to the Va side lol. Hope your claims are processed speedy and without issue.

Welcome to the Va side lol. Hope your claims are processed speedy and without issue.
I do hope the process moves along. However, every step in this process has hit a bump. For example the PEB being backed up due to lack of manpower or my VA Doctor holding my head to toe physical for 3 weeks in order for me to complete a sleep study and include it in the original submission to the PEB/VA vice submitting an addendum. I have a job waiting for me and will be relocating for that job. So lots to do. Mustang hopefully your ratings are back soon.

I do hope the process moves along. However, every step in this process has hit a bump. For example the PEB being backed up due to lack of manpower or my VA Doctor holding my head to toe physical for 3 weeks in order for me to complete a sleep study and include it in the original submission to the PEB/VA vice submitting an addendum. I have a job waiting for me and will be relocating for that job. So lots to do. Mustang hopefully your ratings are back soon.
Thanks and I totally understand hopefully it all works out from this point on.

Update: So received my proposed ratings from the VA via FAX. VA didn't rate half of my stuff because doctor put incorrect comments. My right knee which I had surgery on and made this worse was rated at 10%. My ankle was rated at 0% even though I have x rays that show fractures that never healed and lose bone fragments lodged in my knee. This VA stuff is seriously starting to get annoying. Needless to say as much as I want this to be over, I am going to appeal all my findings. Hopefully you guys get better results, I recommend asking them to fax your stuff to you before it is sent back to the PEBLO so you can review all your stuff and have more than 15 days to get all your ducks in the row to counter their BS.

Update: So received my proposed ratings from the VA via FAX. VA didn't rate half of my stuff because doctor put incorrect comments. My right knee which I had surgery on and made this worse was rated at 10%. My ankle was rated at 0% even though I have x rays that show fractures that never healed and lose bone fragments lodged in my knee. This VA stuff is seriously starting to get annoying. Needless to say as much as I want this to be over, I am going to appeal all my findings. Hopefully you guys get better results, I recommend asking them to fax your stuff to you before it is sent back to the PEBLO so you can review all your stuff and have more than 15 days to get all your ducks in the row to counter their BS.
Good to know they will fax the findings. Smart to get a head start on review and preparing for an appeal. Thanks for the info.

Talked to PEB customer service at lunch. Figured I would share the information that I was given on the phone regarding processing of PEBs. It is taking about a week to get PEB packages through QA after the board has concluded. The QA process coming back from the VA has a queue of 200 cases right now. Overall the PEB has a little over 2500 active cases in various stages.

Yeah I spoke with them this morning as well. Was told their average turn around right now is about 3 weeks. I spoke with my lawyer this morning and have an appointment scheduled next week to go over my proposed ratings. Ill keep you guys posted on everything I learn so that way I can help at least prepare you guys for anything you guys may come across.

Yeah I spoke with them this morning as well. Was told their average turn around right now is about 3 weeks. I spoke with my lawyer this morning and have an appointment scheduled next week to go over my proposed ratings. Ill keep you guys posted on everything I learn so that way I can help at least prepare you guys for anything you guys may come across.
Thanks for the updates. I will be curious to here when your findings are in. I am tracking about a month behind you, which makes sense. My package was sent to the PEB about a month after yours. I will share information I receive as well.

Got some movement so I figured it give you guys an update. Stuff went to prep for decision, call the VA who told me my package was being rated in providence RI. Called them and was told my package was done with a proposed rating of 60% VA. Now its waiting on the PEB to do their thing. Depending on what they rated I may appeal it since my doctor at the Hampton VA completely messed up my stuff. Hope you guys are getting movement.
I also felt the doctor in Hampton did not do an accurate job, in annotating my conditions in the exam. What can be done about this?

Only way I was able to find out if I was unfit was by contacting the PEB. They notified weeks before my MSC found out. My stuff went to preparation for decision last week around the 20th. Submitted to the PEB April 8th , unift May 10th, Prep for decision 20th May. Since were both out of Portsmouth yours should track somewhat similar to mine so hope it helps.
Bosan, based on your comment, can I asssume that when the VA receives my stuff from the PEB that E-benefits will show preparation for decision?

SnG - Stay on top of everything. Once you get your DBQs from your PEBLO go see the lawyer. I have learned that this process only matters to the member. Noone will jump though hoops to help you. If you can get the information in advance, itll give you time to prepare for the next move.

Waste Heat - That is correct. Once it went to the VA it went to gathering evidence for a day and then went straight to prep for decision. Once it was sent back to the PEB it was closed and changed to Prep for decision approval.

Update - Met with my lawyer who told me to reach out to my doctor and attempt to get addendums for other conditions and on my knee which was improperly rated. My current proposed rating is VA 60% and based of the VAs letter ill get 10% DOD which is trash because I cant even walk normally on my right knee anymore. I cant stress this enough, wait your 7-10 days and have the VA fax you a copy of your results. It will go into full detail and what and why it was rated at that percentage. Not sure how other places work, but getting an appointment at Portsmouth is damn near impossible. I had to go talk to the nurse who work with my doctor and have her squeeze me in within the next 3 weeks. Given that you only have a set amount of time to appeal any results it is important to have everything scheduled well in advance so that the process can be smoother and avoid any unnecessary headaches.

SnG - Stay on top of everything. Once you get your DBQs from your PEBLO go see the lawyer. I have learned that this process only matters to the member. Noone will jump though hoops to help you. If you can get the information in advance, itll give you time to prepare for the next move.

Waste Heat - That is correct. Once it went to the VA it went to gathering evidence for a day and then went straight to prep for decision. Once it was sent back to the PEB it was closed and changed to Prep for decision approval.

Update - Met with my lawyer who told me to reach out to my doctor and attempt to get addendums for other conditions and on my knee which was improperly rated. My current proposed rating is VA 60% and based of the VAs letter ill get 10% DOD which is trash because I cant even walk normally on my right knee anymore. I cant stress this enough, wait your 7-10 days and have the VA fax you a copy of your results. It will go into full detail and what and why it was rated at that percentage. Not sure how other places work, but getting an appointment at Portsmouth is damn near impossible. I had to go talk to the nurse who work with my doctor and have her squeeze me in within the next 3 weeks. Given that you only have a set amount of time to appeal any results it is important to have everything scheduled well in advance so that the process can be smoother and avoid any unnecessary headaches.
How did you get them to fax them I called and was told they cant....calling back as I type I never listen to just one rep. But I was wondering did you say anything special?

Mustang thanks. I had a very active role in my NMA and it aligns to my desire for an unfit finding. I got after the NMA early in the process and it was in routing when I was referred. My PEBLO has it in hand. I have heard via word of mouth, on this forum and from the PEBLOS themselves that the NMA will carry 50% of the direction of findings.

Do you have your findings or waiting?
UPDATE Guys this happened on day 90, making calls as we speak but literally day 90!! @NMCP.

Attachments

• image2.png
    image2.png
    281 KB · Views: 15
Right ...Finally and Thanks now the PEB shenanigans' begin :rolleyes: but ill take the momentary win!

Mustang, they wont fax anything until you hit your 7-10 days after they close it and send it back to the PEB. Yours was closed june 24th so youll have to wait until roughly next week the 3rd of July at the earliest.

Mustang, they wont fax anything until you hit your 7-10 days after they close it and send it back to the PEB. Yours was closed june 24th so youll have to wait until roughly next week the 3rd of July at the earliest.
Thanks for the info explains the NO I got from the rep. Will do appreciate it.