NMCP (Navy-Norfolk) Timeline

congrats!!! its been a minute for you. the end is near.
Yes Thanks finally some meaningful movement now lets hope they got it right lol.

Hello there. Do you have a post that list your compete timeline ? I would like to compare even though I know it’s not the same.
I don't have a thread with that info sorry. I have it written down I will type and post it on this thread so that it can be a reference to others.

Time Line @ NMCP (navy)

Dec 31
Meb initiated
Jan 3 Met Peblo
Jan 5 Narrative summary from Cardiology
Jan 9 DTAP
Jan 11 Met MSC/VA rep claimed 57 conditions
Jan 11 Psychologist called with questions for addendum
Jan 21 completed 3 C&P exams ( ear/nose/throat)
Jan 22 NMA completed (command recommended unfit finding)
Jan 23 reviewed and signed MH addendum
Jan 28 completed C&P (Dental)
Feb 4 completed C&P ( MH 2 hrs)
Feb 5 completed last C&P ( General)
Feb 21 Narsum ready for review
Feb 26 Narsum signed ( no issues) package submitted to PEB
Mar 26 Peblo notified me I was found unfit by PEB package forwarded to VA for Proposed Rating

(This is where things start to slowdown)

April 11 Ebenefits changes to preparation for decision

June 6 Talked to Peblo to check on case who in turned talked to MSC who says its with a rater and they DON’T n need anything and see would email VA should take 24-48 hours for reply. (Later that day dates changed ebenefits but still Preparation for decision phase)

Jun 11 Contacted Peblo to see if MSC got a reply from VA. The answer no from MSC and they would email again due to the fact we were almost at 90-day mark waiting for ratings. (Patience thin at this point)

Jun13 (where it gets interesting) Thanks to this informative forum I found out that my case was probably at RI Providence and I received a number also from forum Thanks Guys! Called RI and spoke to a gentleman who looks up my claim and tells me CLARIFICATION was needed for my Knee and that’s all that is needed. This is news because the MSC just told me nothing was needed. So, I got off the phone with him and went to my Peblos office to let him know. He made a call to someone at the Hampton VA center and asked if there was something in the system because they literally just checked. The women he spoke to says no at first but then retracted and said yes one just came in today June 13 for knee. Coincidence maybe probably not due to the fact I just called RI less than an hour ago. So, my peblo just laughs sarcastically and says ok, he than call the VA doctor directly and ask her look for the clarification which see does and completes what is need and sends it back. (found out later she sent it back same day)

Jun 21 (Gets Better folks) VA rep/guessing rater called me to get clarification on 3 more conditions. She also goes on to tell me she was sorry someone went left with my claim because it needed clarification and has been on her desk since April 11. (wow really) Anyway she asked he questions and apologized again and told me she would have my claim finished that day. Benefits changes to pending decision approval ( BUT I’ll believe it when I see closed on VA.gov)

Jun 24 ( DAY 90) Claim closed Va.gov another claim opened with original claim date. Called Peblo and he confirmed it was back at the PEB. (River Danced in my car Finally away from VA)

Now I’m waiting on Final findings hopefully I’ll have better LUCK in this phase then the VA. Hope This helps someone ill keep you all posted on Findings.

Last edited:
Time Line @ NMCP (navy)

Dec 31
Meb initiated
Jan 3 Met Peblo
Jan 5 Narrative summary from Cardiology
Jan 9 DTAP
Jan 11 Met MSC/VA rep claimed 57 conditions
Jan 11 Psychologist called with questions for addendum
Jan 21 completed 3 C&P exams ( ear/nose/throat)
Jan 22 NMA completed (command recommended unfit finding)
Jan 23 reviewed and signed MH addendum
Jan 28 completed C&P (Dental)
Feb 4 completed C&P ( MH 2 hrs)
Feb 5 completed last C&P ( General)
Feb 21 Narsum ready for review
Feb 26 Narsum signed ( no issues) package submitted to PEB
Mar 26 Peblo notified me I was found unfit by PEB package forwarded to VA for Proposed Rating

(This is where things start to slowdown)

April 11 Ebenefits changes to preparation for decision

June 6 Talked to Peblo to check on case who in turned talked to MSC who says its with a rater and they DON’T n need anything and see would email VA should take 24-48 hours for reply. (Later that day dates changed ebenefits but still Preparation for decision phase)

Jun 11 Contacted Peblo to see if MSC got a reply from VA. The answer no from MSC and they would email again due to the fact we were almost at 90-day mark waiting for ratings. (Patience thin at this point)

Jun13 (where it gets interesting) Thanks to this informative forum I found out that my case was probably at RI Providence and I received a number also from forum Thanks Guys! Called RI and spoke to a gentleman who looks up my claim and tells me CLARIFICATION was needed for my Knee and that’s all that is needed. This is news because the MSC just told me nothing was needed. So, I got off the phone with him and went to my Peblos office to let him know. He made a call to someone at the Hampton VA center and asked if there was something in the system because they literally just checked. The women he spoke to says no at first but then retracted and said yes one just came in today June 13 for knee. Coincidence maybe probably not due to the fact I just called RI less than an hour ago. So, my peblo just laughs sarcastically and says ok, he than call the VA doctor directly and ask her look for the clarification which see does and completes what is need and sends it back. (found out later she sent it back same day)

Jun 21 (Gets Better folks) VA rep/guessing rater called me to get clarification on 3 more conditions. She also goes on to tell me she was sorry someone went left with my claim because it needed clarification and has been on her desk since April 11. (wow really) Anyway she asked he questions and apologized again and told me she would have my claim finished that day. Benefits changes to pending decision approval ( BUT I’ll believe it when I see closed on VA.gov)

Jun 24 ( DAY 90) Claim closed Va.gov another claim opened with original claim date. Called Peblo and he confirmed it was back at the PEB. (River Danced in my car Finally away from VA)

Now I’m waiting on Final findings hopefully I’ll have better look in this phase then the VA. Hope This helps someone ill keep you all posted on Findings.
Thank you for the timeline ! I am worried because it seems like if you wouldn’t have kept on inquiring about your status, things would have never been done..... I’ve called the VA (typical response read off the website), PEBLO has no answers, MSC says the rating should be done soon since it was sent to the rating board close to 3 months ago. I was able to find out by calling the PEB number that I was found unfit, so at least I know that. I did try calling the Providence RI number and the gentlemen I spoke to was unwilling to help at all. Actually he was just down right rude....I just want to make sure people are doing their jobs. In my experience, most of the time, they are not unless you make the effort to ask questions. My timeline is very similar to yours, except for the fact the PEB took 2 months to decide unfit. Case went to the PEB April 16th and I was found unfit 17 June. This is mainly just me venting here lol. Frustrated and ready to go. I had to extend. Past my Original EAS a month ago. Sigh. Oh well. Just more waiting I suppose. Thank you again for the timeline. happy that this process is almost over for you! congrats !

Thank you for the timeline ! I am worried because it seems like if you wouldn’t have kept on inquiring about your status, things would have never been done..... I’ve called the VA (typical response read off the website), PEBLO has no answers, MSC says the rating should be done soon since it was sent to the rating board close to 3 months ago. I was able to find out by calling the PEB number that I was found unfit, so at least I know that. I did try calling the Providence RI number and the gentlemen I spoke to was unwilling to help at all. Actually he was just down right rude....I just want to make sure people are doing their jobs. In my experience, most of the time, they are not unless you make the effort to ask questions. My timeline is very similar to yours, except for the fact the PEB took 2 months to decide unfit. Case went to the PEB April 16th and I was found unfit 17 June. This is mainly just me venting here lol. Frustrated and ready to go. I had to extend. Past my Original EAS a month ago. Sigh. Oh well. Just more waiting I suppose. Thank you again for the timeline. happy that this process is almost over for you! congrats !
Yes this whole PEB process can be very difficult in a lot of ways. Best advice I can give is continue to pay attention and keep calling be kind but let them know you are there. And when you get confirmation from someone confirm the confirmation this is just a claim to them but it affects the rest of your life so be ready to fight for what you deserve. Keep us updated sorry for your frustrations I can relate and Good luck and keep calling one day you will get someone who will help.

So update for everyone. PEB is done and my package is back with my PEBLO as of Friday. Went from VA to PEB 12 June ish and was completed 28 June. So its about 16 day turn around from the PEB. I got 10% DOD and 60% VA. I am going to appeal the findings and attempt to get it higher as the VA doctor clearly made no attempt to diagnose any of my conditions properly. Upside is that I can request an extension to the 15 day (approve or disapprove of findings) since I have a few appointments scheduled to get to correct verbiage and diagnosis of my referred conditions. As always I will continue to update you guys in case you guys want timelines and the process I am going through so you can use it yourself. If there are any questions, please let me know, I have no issue giving my personal experiences.

So update for everyone. PEB is done and my package is back with my PEBLO as of Friday. Went from VA to PEB 12 June ish and was completed 28 June. So its about 16 day turn around from the PEB. I got 10% DOD and 60% VA. I am going to appeal the findings and attempt to get it higher as the VA doctor clearly made no attempt to diagnose any of my conditions properly. Upside is that I can request an extension to the 15 day (approve or disapprove of findings) since I have a few appointments scheduled to get to correct verbiage and diagnosis of my referred conditions. As always I will continue to update you guys in case you guys want timelines and the process I am going through so you can use it yourself. If there are any questions, please let me know, I have no issue giving my personal experiences.
Well on the positive side of things it was a decent PEB turnaround as far as your ratings fight to the end to get what you deserve. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

B - Thanks for the update. Still waiting for my package to clear QA at the PEB and be forwarded to the VA. Should be any day now. PEB customer service told me 2 weeks and the package moved into the QA phase on June 17th.

Updated timeline based on recent conversation with PEB customer service.

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)
02JUL19 - PEB results forwarded to VA. (Found out from PEB customer service)

Finally at VA. Just glad it has moved on before the July 4th weekend. I know it is probably another 5-6 weeks before findings will be in hand.

Updated timeline based on recent conversation with PEB customer service.

06SEP18 - Fit for duty

Finally at VA. Just glad it has moved on before the July 4th weekend. I know it is probably another 5-6 weeks before findings will be in hand.
Hope you get those ratings fast and to your liking good luck keep us updated.

Hope you get those ratings fast and to your liking good luck keep us updated.
It looks like something is going on at the VA. My estimated date keeps changing/decreasing. I take that as a good indication, although it has yet to change to Preparation for Decision. Mustang you should be receiving your findings any day now.

It looks like something is going on at the VA. My estimated date keeps changing/decreasing. I take that as a good indication, although it has yet to change to Preparation for Decision. Mustang you should be receiving your findings any day now.
Yea va closed two weeks ago so hopefully peb wraps up soon.

Good to see progress.

Waste - When my dates started to change around I was complete within 2 weeks. It was stuck on a single date for like a month. Speaking with my PEBLO he said the VA has picked up the pace and are moving quicker.

Mustang - Mine took a little over 2 weeks at the PEB. I would reach out to the PEB one last time and see where its at. When mine was sent back to my PEBLO, he didn't notice for about 4 days.

I just requested a formal board, chance are really slim as my surgeon refused to put any further remarks regarding my knee surgery. He said the claimed conditions do not correlate with the surgery. I guess ill have to fight it and try to get something higher of just what I can tell them. If it fails I'm taking my severance pay and moving on. I am starting to get antsy to get out and move on with my life.

Off Topic - I actually applied to work as a rater in the Louisville office lol. This will be a game changer for this forum.

Good to see progress.

Waste - When my dates started to change around I was complete within 2 weeks. It was stuck on a single date for like a month. Speaking with my PEBLO he said the VA has picked up the pace and are moving quicker.

Mustang - Mine took a little over 2 weeks at the PEB. I would reach out to the PEB one last time and see where its at. When mine was sent back to my PEBLO, he didn't notice for about 4 days.

I just requested a formal board, chance are really slim as my surgeon refused to put any further remarks regarding my knee surgery. He said the claimed conditions do not correlate with the surgery. I guess ill have to fight it and try to get something higher of just what I can tell them. If it fails I'm taking my severance pay and moving on. I am starting to get antsy to get out and move on with my life.

Off Topic - I actually applied to work as a rater in the Louisville office lol. This will be a game changer for this forum.
Can understand the desire to move on. Thanks for the info on the VA. It seems they could use more of us as PEBLOs or raters. Not sure what background they require for those jobs but I am sure our experiences would lend to better customer service.

Great news today. VA is done with my claim. Only 9 days. Much faster than expected. The end of this process is near!

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 10.59.36 AM.png

Great news today. VA is done with my claim. Only 9 days. Much faster than expected. The end of this process is near!

View attachment 3989

Thought I would update my timeline based on my claim showing closed by VA. Was pleasantly surprised that my claim was finished in 9 days by the VA. Will be interested to see how they rated my conditions. FYI I claimed 13 conditions and only 1 was considered by the PEB for fitness for duty.

06SEP18 - Fit for duty
11JUL19 - Claim shows closed at VA.GOV