NMCP (Navy-Norfolk) Timeline

Findings are back! Just got off the phone with my PEBLO. Of course she would not tell me any information over the phone and I have to wait until Friday @ 1000 to see her. I am just happy that the findings are back and I am one BIG step closer to retirement. My updated timeline below.

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)
02JUL19 - PEB results forwarded to VA. (Found out from PEB customer service)
11JUL19 - Claim shows closed at VA.GOV
12JUL19 - Back at PEB going through QA
24JUL19 - PEBLO informs me findings are back (meet 7/26 to review)
Awesome hope you get the findings you are expecting.

Does anyone know how long it takes to do a VA Rating Re-consideration (VARR)?

Received my findings. 50% DOD (I am 62.5% for longevity - so if I do accept these findings I will retire with my High-3) and 80% VA and placed on TDRL. A couple of items surprised me. Nr. 1 was placement on the TDRL. I am at 26 plus years of service. My attorney had advised that I would go straight to the PDRL if found unfit because I was over 20. However, I looked at 1850.4E and there are a list of criteria to be placed on PDRL. My condition is not considered stable in the eyes of the PEB and that is one of the criteria. Second, are the ratings I received for migraines and sleep apnea. I was diagnosed with OSA and prescribed a CPAP. Based on all I have read that was an automatic 50%. They rated me at 0%. All of my sleep study stuff happened after my VA head to toe but before I submitted to the PEB. I submitted the diagnosis and CPAP requirement to my MSC to add. However, I have no indications they reviewed because it is not listed in the evidence used to support the rating in the proposed rating letter. I also claimed migraines. I thought that the C and P exam under documented my condition so I submitted pages from my ALTHA notes, migraine log and letter from co-worker. Again, these items are not listed in the evidence.

I meet with the attorney on Monday to discuss the way ahead. On one hand I want to accept the findings and move on (I have a job waiting for me) but on the other hand I do not want to leave loose ends due to possibly overlooked evidence. I will only ask for the one time rating reconsideration at most. I have no interest in going to a formal PEB.

Updated Timeline:
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
26JUL19 - Received Findings 50% DOD/80% VA/TDRL

Does anyone know how long it takes to do a VA Rating Re-consideration (VARR)?

Received my findings. 50% DOD (I am 62.5% for longevity - so if I do accept these findings I will retire with my High-3) and 80% VA and placed on TDRL. A couple of items surprised me. Nr. 1 was placement on the TDRL. I am at 26 plus years of service. My attorney had advised that I would go straight to the PDRL if found unfit because I was over 20. However, I looked at 1850.4E and there are a list of criteria to be placed on PDRL. My condition is not considered stable in the eyes of the PEB and that is one of the criteria. Second, are the ratings I received for migraines and sleep apnea. I was diagnosed with OSA and prescribed a CPAP. Based on all I have read that was an automatic 50%. They rated me at 0%. All of my sleep study stuff happened after my VA head to toe but before I submitted to the PEB. I submitted the diagnosis and CPAP requirement to my MSC to add. However, I have no indications they reviewed because it is not listed in the evidence used to support the rating in the proposed rating letter. I also claimed migraines. I thought that the C and P exam under documented my condition so I submitted pages from my ALTHA notes, migraine log and letter from co-worker. Again, these items are not listed in the evidence.

I meet with the attorney on Monday to discuss the way ahead. On one hand I want to accept the findings and move on (I have a job waiting for me) but on the other hand I do not want to leave loose ends due to possibly overlooked evidence. I will only ask for the one time rating reconsideration at most. I have no interest in going to a formal PEB.

Updated Timeline:
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
Is the rating you are submitting the VARR one of your unfitting conditions?

Is there some additional information you have regarding a VARR?
I am not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure the only conditions your can submit a VARR for are the ones that were considered unfitting by the PEB. If you want to submit for an increase for other VA claims I believe you have to submit for an increase after separation. I am not 100% on this I'm sure that's what I was told during my out brief. I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. However your Attorney should be able to clarify this for you.

I am not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure the only conditions your can submit a VARR for are the ones that were considered unfitting by the PEB. If you want to submit for an increase for other VA claims I believe you have to submit for an increase after separation. I am not 100% on this I'm sure that's what I was told during my out brief. I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. However your Attorney should be able to clarify this for you.
I think I heard this at some point (DTAP or in conversation with the lawyer). It makes sense. I just could not remember. Thanks for the reply. I hope that is the case. That will fit my timeline better than waiting around for further rating decisions.

I would consult your attorney to be sure of your options just to be sure. Best of luck either way.

I found the written guidance in the M21-1 (VA raters bible on how to rate) on the VA website and confirmed with my PEBLO. I will be accepting the findings on Monday after I meet the lawyer. Just going to do a sanity check with him. Ready to move on down the road.

Roger that !

Glad to hear it is moving along for you and that you got retired. I am hoping and praying for the same. My case was closed back on the 17th or 18TH of July. I hope to hear something soon.
God Bless.

Glad to hear it is moving along for you and that you got retired. I am hoping and praying for the same. My case was closed back on the 17th or 18TH of July. I hope to hear something soon.
God Bless.
Thanks and best of luck hopefully you get the results you want

So I waited until the 10th business day had passed and called the VA like suggested on here. I saw the VA proposed findings but not the DoD percentage. Did anyone else have this issue? Thanks for the advice on here about waiting 10 days to call for a fax.

God Bless.

Also,
Has anyone had their VA proposed findings changed by the time it got back from the PEB and to the PEBLO?

As promised I will continue to update my timeline until complete.
Updated Timeline:
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
29JUL19 - Formally accepted findings
02AUG19 - VA exit interview

My case closed July 15 online and still haven’t heard anything. PEBLO doesn’t have any info either. Another claim opened for review on va.gov I know that’s common so idk of that gonna make it take longer to hear back. Just hoping out by Christmas...

Y
My case closed July 15 online and still haven’t heard anything. PEBLO doesn’t have any info either. Another claim opened for review on va.gov I know that’s common so idk of that gonna make it take longer to hear back. Just hoping out by Christmas...
You can now call the VA and have them fax your proposed findings!!

Good to see progress with everyone on the boards. Sorry I haven't been responding lately, been busy dealing with the Marine Corps BS. I accepted my findings finally and waiting for my new EAS. Stupid part about the process is I fell off contract and I am not getting paid because a bunch of people at HQMC are shifting blame at each other and refusing to run my medical extension.

Ill update everyone as I get more information but based on the PEB once you accept your findings its about a 2-3 days turn around to when they complete their end. Once that is done and index number will be generated and it will be forwarded to MMSR 4 (USMC) not sure for other branches. MMSR reports index numbers every Tuesday according to them. SO based on the timelines it should be about a 1-3 weeks turnaround from acceptance to new EAS.

Update.... Case closed on Ebenefits July 18th. Findings came in Aug 9th. Accepted them Aug 12. 30/80 PDRL. Praise God!

Finally at the end of this process. Thanks to all who shared their experiences and timelines. This forum was a great source of information that I would not have had access to otherwise. I received my retirement orders yesterday and am set to go on terminal level starting August 31. My last day in the Navy will be 28 OCT. I start work at my new job on 09 SEP. My updated timeline below to include my retirement date. This is most likely my last post unless someone has a question. Good luck to all.

06SEP18 - Fit for duty
29JUL19 - Formally accepted findings
02AUG19 - VA exit interview
16AUG19 - Received retirement orders
31AUG19 - Start terminal leave
28OCT19 - Last day in the Navy