NMCP Timeline

marshgrass2

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am active duty Navy referred for Major Depressive Disorder, Single Episode, Moderate Degree.

Below is an account of my timeline:

28 Jan 2013: Referred to PEB
01 Feb 2013: Intial MTG with MSC Rep
08 Feb 2013: Va referred sleep Lab
11 Feb 2013: Va referred Hearing Test
13 Feb 2013: Va Physical
15 Feb 2013: Va Mental Physical
18 Feb 2013: Va referred Eye exam
19 Feb 2013: Va referred Dental Exam
20 Feb 2013: Va hearing exam
07 Mar 2013: Narsum Received/Signed

Is there anything else you are being referred for?

I am active duty Navy referred for Major Depressive Disorder, Single Episode, Moderate Degree.

So a little update:

14 Mar 2013: PEB received my package.
19 Mar 2013: VA received my package from the PEB

Question should I assume I was found unfit or is the package the VA received from my PEBLO, the lady I talked to couldn't tell where specifically it came from just said PEB?

From what I understand, they only ask the VA to rate if they found you unfit. Otherwise, there's nothing to show the VA.

If you dont get a letter saying "Fit for Duty" within 2 weeks to a month tops; then probability is that you have been found unfit and your PEB has requested ratings.

Best thing to do is get with the DaV and let them advocate for you. I recently was able to obtain my "Unfit Letter" that my peblo claimed they did not have access too.

Yeah i will give them a few more weeks and then might look into a DAV rep thanks for the input.

A DAV rep wont hurt, its nice to have them in the background, so might as well get that rolling soon, because you are going to need to sign a 21-22 (POA) and have it accepted at the va before they can look in the system for you (Aka, get em now, before you need them)

Has anyone seen on Ebennies it say Evidence Requested is Past Due under the Updates section but no where does it list what the evidence that was requested is. Called the VA but they had no clue what I was talking about.

dont worry about that...mine said that for a while. they are still processing your claim

Has anyone seen on Ebennies it say Evidence Requested is Past Due under the Updates section but no where does it list what the evidence that was requested is. Called the VA but they had no clue what I was talking about.

Yeah my shit set in that status for about 100 days and still remains in that status, however, I have already recieved my ratings and signed my 199.

Mine said that for a long time as well. As a matter of fact it said it until I separated on Jan 31. I also went the Portsmouth. My case only took about half the time they said it would. I have repeated right shoulder surgeries. My proposed were 10% DOD and 50% VA. Just got my update today that my final rating are in the mail and they are reevaluating one of my claims that the VA Doc did not rate. You just have to be patient and wait it out. If you have a questions call the VA number. It is 1-800-827-1000. Then press 0,2,0,1. That will get you to a claims person. Not all are very helpful so if you get one that isn't just call back and talk to a different person.

Holy crap just checked ebennies and it stated claim has been closed WOOHOO!!!!

Good deal! ;)

To that extent, eBenefits will periodically change and show favorable DoVA claim status information.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Any updates marshgrass2? I was referred last friday for major depressive disorder and am just trying to get a rough timeline of how long this sort of thing takes, and how harsh it is? I have a family I need to figure out life for, you know? IS it all finalized? Are you separated?
Thanks!!