No final check?!

Tigerbearlove08

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My husband ETSed out 1/22/2014 he got his severance check 1/27/2014 ( surprised the hell outta us!) and his final check was held ( totally expected and not an issue) well we checked his LES and it said it was released from held pay status on 2/19/2014- DFAS said his base had to release it. The base had no internet in finance most of 2/19 through at least 2/21 . Its now more than 2 weeks later and it still hasnt been deposited! ( not to mention WAY less then it should be!) we head to Finance on post tomorrow to see whats happening but now his LES have disappeared and the option to check the LES is gone on Mypay. Are we pretty much just screwed out of that money?

Thanks everyone!

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No, if your husband is due money, he should get it. It sounds like it is technical/workflow issues that are holding up his final pay. I suggest you seek what happens tomorrow when you go to Finance. If you get an answer that does not make sense or a denial, let us know what happened and we will see if we can offer thoughts or ways to rectify the situation. Hope all works out well with minimal time and effort on your part. Good luck!

Vince

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Jason,

Morning How about for the VA compensation pay, if VA completed my compensation claim, on 3/7/2014 when will i get my VA pay??

Thanks

Combat Eng

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Jason,

Morning How about for the VA compensation pay, if VA completed my compensation claim, on 3/7/2014 when will i get my VA pay??

Thanks
Are you already separated from the Military? If so you should get VA pay first of April and if you have back pay you should receive that in about a week or two after they finalized your claim

Vince

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Are you already separated from the Military? If so you should get VA pay first of April and if you have back pay you should receive that in about a week or two after they finalized your claim
Yup, Since January 28, 2014 with 90%

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">