No LOD but documentions of incident

fee5fofum

PEB Forum Regular Member
Not sure if this is the right place to post this ?
This is going to be hard for me to state this here in this forum due to my head injury( multi X's) i had in 2000 from a bad PLF that lead to even more tramu to the head during my time being Airborne . Ihave not found or the army the lod because at the time i just drove on like all airborne troopers do . The things i do have are docs. from the batt aid station , womack and my commanders letter staing what had happen to me during my tour in the airborne . I was on 30% TDRL for five yrs then they made me @ 50% pdrl but then they reviewed it and made it 100% but the problem is that they state that they found no docs about the bad PLF's but they did find the time that i got dizzy exceriseing when the weights fell and hit my head and from there made the headaches and neck worse , but what i dont get is that the bad plf's and the pt thing was in tne commanders docs with all the other docs i sent them and my doctor sent them and even when they revised me to 100% they still did not add it in my 199 file ..I hope i explained my self because this took a few days to come out right .
So what should i do i have the proof of the bad plfs i'm also 70% IUP&T ( migranes, tmj & mood w/ptsd) from VA . Is their anyone that can HELP me out or know if i still can qulifie for crsc or even give me some direction on how to do this ! ...... Back in the day you have a bad plf or two but you just get up and complete your task not knowing years later this cames back and hauts you and say LOD WHAT LOD .
my army and va med records are well documented for the most part... again im sorry if seem confused i had a little help with me..
Thanks all !! !!!

LODs are usually pretty specific about the event that caused the injury, which is why CRSC likes those, but other documentation can be used. You can use your medical records, doctor's notes, or anything else that is official military documentation stating the injury. What they need to see is the "how".

You could have 50 pages letting them know that you have a disability, but CRSC wants that one or two pieces of official paper that say how it happened because they have to be able to link it to one of the combat-related categories. If you have something that says, "servicemember says this is what happened" or "according to the veteran", that won't work. Try to find the one paper that says "veteran had a PLF, which resulted in...." or something to that effect. Even if the injury was in 1969 and it is a doctor note or medical record from 1986 that states it, you are golden.

CRSC has be able to back up why you are being awarded, but you are not alone. There were lots of guys out there who just "popped an asprin and kept on going". Unfortunately, they still need the documentation.

Good luck and I concur with Jason. Visit thier website or give them a call. They are usally pretty helpful.

Hello , and thanks to all who replied please don't stop repling to this !!!

The documents i do have is the commanders proformace letter to the med board about the bad plf also from the clinics on base where i was treated and from the va which they do state i had a couple of bad plfs which led to my headaches after the fact ...
So I guess i'll send them in with my dd214 in which i'm waiting on from records in st.louis that shows perm retired , because the dd214 i have now was from 03 when put on tdrl that states temp retire so hopefully the one that the records place sends me is an updated dd214 ..
sorry if parts of this post dont make sense ,im trying my best to..

fee5fofum,

Could you spell out the acronym for plfs (I don't know what plfs mean)?

It's Parachute Landing Fall (a technique for landing designed to reduce chance of injuries).

Jason , thanks for covering for me on the PLF reply , I've been out of touch for awhile dealing with some medical issues so I haven't had the time to check the forum out till now ..

Thanks...