NVLSP Filling new paperwork

paynere69

PEB Forum Regular Member
I spoke with one of the people at the NVLSP recently to let them know that I had filed in Feb and just received notice in december that the PDBR had just received my paperwork. The individual I spoke with said that this is a common occurance and that they are drafting a new motion to present to the court to take the desicion process out of the governments hands. Something about these cases are supposed to be expidited, and are anything but. Just figured everyone might like a heads up on this. If anyone hears anything else, please post it.

payne,

I have heard the same thing and I believe it is true, although I don't know how it is going to affect the class. We shall see what the judge decides. I hope it is favorable for everyone involved.

Kevin

Does the information posted only pertain to a Class Action Law Suit? I'm working with NVLSP and was not aware that this could happen. Thank you for the information adn I hope that you are awarded your retirement. Good luck to all.

Frank,

Paynere69 and others,

I received this following information by email on January 4, 2011:
"Regarding a status update: At the most recent status conference before the Judge, we were disappointed to learn from the Government that the review boards are having difficulty meeting the nine month turn around they expected to need to reach a decision. In response to this information, we are filing a motion with the Court of Federal Claims asking the Judge to remove the decision making power from the Boards and requesting the Judge make a decision on behalf of all the claimants. We will file this motion in the next couple of weeks. We will be sending an official notice to all class members about the motion and how this affects the class. While this motion is pending, the boards will continue to process and decide claims."

I had posted the above information about a week ago. I received it from an NVLSP worker-I had contacted them and wanted to know a status update and this is what they had emailed me on 1-4-11.

If I receive anymore information, I will get it posted ASAP. Hope this helps:)

Shelley