Ok. I would like some Mod guidance

kplp3791

Registered Member
Hello! Long time luker short time poster..... Heres a little history.

I am Reserves, With shoulder Injury LOD/SC (main claim) I am in the DES Pilot program.
I have recieved my PEB letter saying I am un fit with a final DX, Left shoulder, Post traumatic arthritis with Instability. I am assuming the rating for the instability will be 20% and 0 for the arthritis since there is no xray. They also concur with my IBS and GERD but I am expecting to get 0% for these because..

The VA says theres not enough proof. The upper gi showed a little inflamation and the lower showed gastritis. There final DX is post left shoulder arthroscopy capsulrraphy in soldier with residual pain, Limited motion and reccurrent subluxations.

So I really want to get this to 30% but to me it looks like 20% only.....

I am worried about getting less then 30% because they say "instability" and not frequent dislocations and reccurrent subluxations...

I only have two years active so they said that they would base a severence off of 3 years active. But If I am given 20 I plan on taking the monthly stipen?

BTW. my paper work was sent from the PEB to the DVA on 4/8/2011, on 4/11/2011 it was put in the descision phase.

So my question is what rating do you see me getting? How can I get it to 30% or is that not going to happen? And any idea of what kind of time line I am looking at(btw I am in texas so its at ft sam. I started the PEB/MEB In oct 2010)

Thanks. And sorry for the wall of text.