On TDRL, havent heard from VA for final check up, Approaching 3 year mark

Dom31489

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what this is a letter for? I logged into mypay for the first time in a while and saw a letter from the Retiree and Annuitant Pay stating that Im entitled to a monthly payment. However, the address and bank account number were wrong when I logged in, they were from an older account. I updated everything in mypay and am currently trying to get a hold of DFAS. I have no idea what any of this is or even that I was supposed to be getting retirement pay.

I'm coming up on 3 years of my TDRL and haven't heard a word from anyone. I've kept all of my info up to date and a VA rep did contact me to setup a medical exam, but she never got back to me after that. I've contact Ft Hood multiple times, but no one has called me back to setup any exams.

Help plz..

Attachments

• Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 20
Hello. I’m currently on tdrl waiting on my final board to come back. The letter you see on my pay generates every time you log in to show as of now you’re entitled to military pay. Did you waive your portion to receive VA pay instead. Also contact the last doctor that saw you or, even drive to the post if possible. I’ve been on TDRL since 2014 ( 5 years this September) it took me 5 months this year to get in touch with BU2 Sparkle in Millington apparently the Navy forgot I was medical retired still. Make videos of every number you call as proof, also call the mypay 800 numbers to get in touch with someone about your situation. Hope this helps best of luck to you

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what this is a letter for? I logged into mypay for the first time in a while and saw a letter from the Retiree and Annuitant Pay stating that Im entitled to a monthly payment. However, the address and bank account number were wrong when I logged in, they were from an older account. I updated everything in mypay and am currently trying to get a hold of DFAS. I have no idea what any of this is or even that I was supposed to be getting retirement pay.

I'm coming up on 3 years of my TDRL and haven't heard a word from anyone. I've kept all of my info up to date and a VA rep did contact me to setup a medical exam, but she never got back to me after that. I've contact Ft Hood multiple times, but no one has called me back to setup any exams.

Help plz..
Although the letter shows you are entitled to retired pay, if your VA compensation was more than your retired pay, your retired pay would have been reduced to zero.

If your retired pay is more than the amount of VA compensation, you would receive the difference between the retired pay amount and the VA compensation amount.

Within MyPay, you can review the Retiree Account Statements (RAS) for previous months. If all your retired pay is waived/reduced due to VA compensation, the December 2018 RAS might be the most recent RAS produced.

With regard to your other issues, perhaps @chaplaincharlie or @oddpedestrian or @gsfowler might be able to assist you.

Did you receive written instructions concerning your TDRL when you retired? Those instructions likely have points of contact for your use. Recommend you be proactive in this matter.

Ron

I am on TDRL. around the 18 month mark I had to reach out to the Navy contact in dc and she replied to me same day with the email from the Millington TDRL contact and I was sent my official first reexam letter. My first exam is tomorrow in Washington. Two appointments. Depending on your service I would reach out to those people.