Open distal clavicle excision surgery, Sacroiliac joint dysfunction, Morton's neuroma

Indycop2007

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello, I need advice. I have been an Infantryman in the Indiana Army National Guard for 14 years with several deployments, schools, awards and not a shread of bad conduct/counseling. In 2003 during the invasion I developed a Morton's neuroma (angry nerve)in my right foot and when we got home 18 months later i recieved a total of 6 cortisone/lidocaine shots and the pain did go away and only bothers me every now and then. Not big enough to have the surgery that may not even help it. Fast forward to 2009, I hurt my shoulder at annual training and have an LOD in hand. It took the National guard 8 months to get me that LOD and the surgery to fix it:mad:. I had Open distal clavicle excision surgery and now my shoulder feels great and I have good range of movement!
That is until I have to wear body armor and or a ruck or try to do push ups. See the attached pic of my shoulder and notice the gap in my clavicle. This is how it currently looks. See the inside edges of the bones? when all that weight is added those STAB my should and hurt like h3ll. While I do have great ROM but i still cannot do even one pain free push up. **Was this injury and inability to perform my job supposed to trigger an MEB/PEB? After the surgery I waited for about 6 months to heal up and see if I could continue to do my Army job or pass pt and I could not so I requested a MEB/PEB and in the meantime get temporary profiles and just sit around at drill. It has been a year and a half and I have asked numerous time whats going on with my packet and all started ruffling feathers! I can't get a straight answer. I don't want to go outside of my chain of command but I can't stand it anymore, they are not taking care of me! For all I know they never sent a packet up, I never had to sign anything. I became a full time sworn police officer in Indianapolis four years ago, before I hurt my shoulder. At that job recently I injured my low back and hip by arresting a client and have been diagnosed (Civilian Doctor) with Sacroiliac joint dysfunction with radiating leg pain. I have been off work for three months and have tons of treatments PT/CHIRO/LASER/SHOTS. I have now turned all that in to the unit also.
I will be going back to work in a few days if the last treatment worked. My police job and Army job are totally different and I will be able to perfom my civ job but not the Army one due to the equipment and activities required of me. Today the UA called me and offered me a GENERAL under honorable conditions discharge for medical reasons and it will only take 3 weeks and i'll be out. This is very tempting to me because I already know that if they would send me to a MEB/PEB they would medically separate/retire me anyway due to the shoulder so I wan't out! I'm tired of sitting around not contributing and not being able to do stuff. I'm in a leadership position and I can't do stuff with my guys! At the same time, I deserve an honorable discharge! And I want to use my GIBILL benefits but you can't with a GD.
I don't care about the money I just want to have an honorable discharge and move on. I don't want to wait another year for them to get me to a PEB/MEB! I will be filing with the VA when I get out for discomp. It has been almost two years and nothing has been done. I have one year and 6 months until my ETS and I believe that they are intentionally dragging this out so that they don't have to pay me disability.
I think my ETS will get here and they will say we need to extend you for the MEB/PEB and we don't know how much longer that will take or you can take your Honorable discharge and go get money from the VA. Also I am not sure that a GUHD will hurt my police job since I am already a cop? Should I just go to a MTF myself? Go to JAG? IG? I've had enough and I'm tempted to say screw it and take the GD and try to have it upgraded later. Sorry this is so long but I have to be thorough. Thank you in advance for any advise!

Attachments

• shoulder.jpg
    shoulder.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 3