Original claim is still 'Pending Decision Approval', new claim is 'Complete'

BlaketheCommGuy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My surgeon initiated my MedBoard on 11 July, 2018. My original claim from 11 July, 2018 had an estimated completion date of 7 July, 2019 on eBenefits. However, on 31 December that date changed to 16 May, 2019. Now, I looked yesterday and saw that I had a historical claim which I had never seem before. This new claim was initiated on 3 October, and completed 31 December (the same day my date changed to 16 May). eBenefits gives me no information when I open the completed claim. I spoke with a VA rep from the 1-800 line, and she was unhelpful (as they usually are), but she did say that the VA is done with my claim. If that is the case, why then is my original claim still open, and why did the date change? Should I be looking in the mail for my proposed rating? Also, how long after I get my proposed rating, should the Marine Corps notify me of separation?

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 3October_VA_Claim_Status_20190107.JPG
    3October_VA_Claim_Status_20190107.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 11July_VA_Claim_Status_20190107_Marked.jpg
    11July_VA_Claim_Status_20190107_Marked.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 20
CORRECTION: My estimated completion date for my original claim was 7 January, 2019 not 7 July, 2019.

Click on the disabilities tab it will tell you there or on VA letter generator.

My surgeon initiated my MedBoard on 11 July, 2018. My original claim from 11 July, 2018 had an estimated completion date of 7 July, 2019 on eBenefits. However, on 31 December that date changed to 16 May, 2019. Now, I looked yesterday and saw that I had a historical claim which I had never seem before. This new claim was initiated on 3 October, and completed 31 December (the same day my date changed to 16 May). eBenefits gives me no information when I open the completed claim. I spoke with a VA rep from the 1-800 line, and she was unhelpful (as they usually are), but she did say that the VA is done with my claim. If that is the case, why then is my original claim still open, and why did the date change? Should I be looking in the mail for my proposed rating? Also, how long after I get my proposed rating, should the Marine Corps notify me of separation?

Thanks in advance!!
BlaketheCommGuy, this happened to me during my MEB process. The original was closed and I never received information. My assumption is the "new" claim is generated in support of the IPEB process. Once you sign all of your papers and are briefed by PEBLO, then the item will go historical and you can see the rating in cBenefits. As stated on this forum in the past eBenefits is not made to support the IDES/MEB/IPEB process and is only a bellwether and an indicator. All official info comes from PEBLO and official forms. Ron P

HI, Get This, I had an appeal pending and a claim pending. The claim was closed and I was sent a rating decion for the claim. The claim gave me no rating but when reading the decison information it said I was 100% disabeld for PTSD - thea was my appeal. My claim was for gulf war illness. Now What?

I, Get This, I had an appeal pending and a claim pending. The claim was closed and I was sent a rating decion for the claim. The claim gave me no rating but when reading the decison information it said I was 100% disabeld for P

I forgot to mention my appeal is in Gathering evidence and I called VA and they said they went back to the doctor for a quastion.