Ortho denying me medboard and 2nd limdu

Jfarewell3

Registered Member
So a couple of weeks ago I was coming close to my first period of limdu expiration. I have scoliosis, rotated spine, 3 almost dead disks, a torn ligament in my spine, and degenerative disk disease. I got told by my orthodontist that he didn’t see surgery as necessary and I denied injections because they’re short term and odds are they aren’t going to last more than a couple of weeks. When I went in to see if I was going on a medboard, a 2nd limdu, or full duty they told me because I denied injections and surgery even though I wasn’t asked about the surgery that they would not put me on another limdu and asked if I wanted a medboard or full duty. I said medboard for obvious reasons and went back a week later to bring in a 2nd assessment from a civilian doctor they told me they didn’t put me on and weren’t going to for denying both of those “conservative” treatments. I was then told to go to my MO and they suggested CND (Condition Not a Disiability) or something along those lines. I’m going to also deny that because all of these things are service related and I don’t want to lose those benefits when I was told to suck it up and push on. I don’t know what to do anymore and it seems like everyone in the hospital is out to screw me alone over. I’ve got friends who denied surgery and are going on a medboard for a lot less. If there’s any tips or info that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Talk to your PCM. List out your conditions and concerns. Ask him/her what is the best course of action. Let your PCM come to the conclusion that an MEB is warranted.

Talk to your PCM. List out your conditions and concerns. Ask him/her what is the best course of action. Let your PCM come to the conclusion that an MEB is warranted.
They have MRI's and X-ray's of my back. They're trying to return me to full duty and I can't do that with conditions like that. That's what ruined my back in the first place. My BAS said they would keep giving me light duty until I EAS'd so I'm probably just going to stop fighting with them and get out normally.

If you decide to do that, you may want to apply for benefits at discharge with the VA. You can sing up 6 months before discharge. This will document your conditions at time of discharge. You can use the documentation to file with the BCMR, if you so choose. Documentation of your AD conditions is critical to a BCMR case.