Out processing

A.Shoe

Registered Member
Good afternoon,

Just looking on some advice on what I could do in terms of out processing while waiting to get orders. Thanks in advance!

oddpedestrian

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good afternoon,

Just looking on some advice on what I could do in terms of out processing while waiting to get orders. Thanks in advance!
Start preparing for the transition to a civilian it took about a year or so for me to get back on my feet I moved started a new job and was building roots which also takes years. If you are just staying in the area it's not as bad. Inventory all your equipment and ensuring its all ready for turn in is important as well.

tjay

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was wondering, did you get an out processing checklist loaded after you were found unfit? Or was it after your proposed ratings? Trying to get an idea of what to prepare for in the event everything comes back unfit here soon.

A.Shoe

Registered Member
I was wondering, did you get an out processing checklist loaded after you were found unfit? Or was it after your proposed ratings? Trying to get an idea of what to prepare for in the event everything comes back unfit here soon.
Not until you actually get orders unfortunately. It's been about 2 and a half months since I was found unfit and almost 2 weeks since I've gotten ratings and I've basically been told I'm out of luck until I get orders.

Padgettra

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
A Shoe, Now would be a good time to sign up for TAP (Transition Assistance Program). In The Air Force it is ran by the Airman and Family Readiness section in military personnel. The law changed (NDAA 2016 I think) a couple years ago and all separations and retirements must have the training. Check with your military personnel office and see who is the lead in your service. (Army has the training at Ft Knox and Air Force at Scott Air Force Base). In my recent class (10-14 DEC) we had all services represented, so you just need hooked up to the Base that is nearest your location. Ron P

Mr.Ask-a-lot

Registered Member
A Shoe, Now would be a good time to sign up for TAP (Transition Assistance Program). In The Air Force it is ran by the Airman and Family Readiness section in military personnel. The law changed (NDAA 2016 I think) a couple years ago and all separations and retirements must have the training. Check with your military personnel office and see who is the lead in your service. (Army has the training at Ft Knox and Air Force at Scott Air Force Base). In my recent class (10-14 DEC) we had all services represented, so you just need hooked up to the Base that is nearest your location. Ron P
Your timeline gives me hope!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">