Outcome DOD RATINGS

Modrose

Registered Member
Hello, I am seeking insight on how DOD ratings work, my package gets signed and set out next week but I am worried about my DOD rating being low due to my referred condition (pelvic/perineal pain) I have had multiple stress fractures throughout my 10 years of service. My VA rep already told me my purposed rating is 100%. If I’m only being looked at for one referred condition what are the odds that I will receive 0% DOD? I feel like the military doesn’t really care about females and their hip issues and it is not looked at for what it truly is, like being in a wheel chair and not being able to run and sometimes even walk because the pain is so bad.
Has anyone on here been referred for hips and pelvic? If so what was your DOD rating?

Hello, I am seeking insight on how DOD ratings work, my package gets signed and set out next week but I am worried about my DOD rating being low due to my referred condition (pelvic/perineal pain) I have had multiple stress fractures throughout my 10 years of service. My VA rep already told me my purposed rating is 100%. If I’m only being looked at for one referred condition what are the odds that I will receive 0% DOD? I feel like the military doesn’t really care about females and their hip issues and it is not looked at for what it truly is, like being in a wheel chair and not being able to run and sometimes even walk because the pain is so bad.
Has anyone on here been referred for hips and pelvic? If so what was your DOD rating?
You will need to look at what the VA assigns for that disability. The DOD rating will match the VA rating for the condition that the PEB finds unfitting. So knowing how that is rated is crucial. To get a medical retirement you would need 30% DOD rating. From a quick internet search this is what i found:
  • Pelvic pain: Veterans who experience pelvic pain would likely receive a rating using the VA rating schedule for endometriosis. Pelvic pain that requires continuous treatment is rated at 10% while pelvic pain that cannot be controlled despite continuous treatment is rated at 30%.
Lastly, if rated under 30% you can do a VARR to have the VA reconsider the rating. At this point I would work on getting all the documentation and buddy letters lined up so that if rated incorrectly you will have some new documents to submit with your VA reconsideration. Make sure to read everything and appeal at every level if something is incorrect. It is much hard to win if you haven't been fighting the entire time. Knowledge is power so I always recommend a dedicated private attorney even though they are pricey. The outcome is gamechanger and you don't want to be done with the process feeling like you didn't do your best to get the best outcome possible for you and your family. Good Luck!

Hey,
Can you be more specific? There are several steps in the process where you sign. I assume since you have your VA recommendation already you might be at the end of your MEB phase (signed NARSUM) and starting your PEB phase? If that is correct, you NARSUM has you unfit conditions listed, and that is what the PEB will rate you on. It could be more or less than your referred conditions, but only the "unfiting" for service conditions will be rated by DoD.
As far as your ratings, they vary wildly for everyone based on the conditions. I suggest you get a copy of your C&P exams from your PEBLO and then compare the box checks those vs your unfit conditions. Then compare that to the CFR 38 part 4. The military doesn't actually get to judge the severity of your hip male or female. If it is found to be an unfit condition, they use the VA's rating for that condition.
Good luck!