OVER 4 YAERS ON TDRL WITHOUT REEVALUATION

rocky8289

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
HELLO, I'm (Navy) TDRL for over 4 years and 3 month!!! I never moved or change my physical address... Never received a notice for reevaluation or something similar... Should I call the PEB to request a reevaluation before the 5 year mark? What if I never call or received a notice and hit the 5 year mark?

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
HELLO, I'm (Navy) TDRL for over 4 years and 3 month!!! I never moved or change my physical address... Never received a notice for reevaluation or something similar... Should I call the PEB to request a reevaluation before the 5 year mark? What if I never call or received a notice and hit the 5 year mark?
Indeed yes, and immediately without any hesitation at this particular point in time in my well experienced opinion via a 4 year and 17 day TDRL ordeal then finally receiving an official placement onto the DoD PDRL by the U.S. Army!

PERS 954: Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL) & Permanent Disability Retired List (PDRL)

PERS-954 processes results of the Physical Evaluation Board's (PEB) Notification of Decision, and produces orders to discharge members from active duty to either the Temporary or Permanent Disability Retirement List for eventual processing by local command Personnel Support Detachments (PSD). TDRL is the Temporary Disability Retirement program designed to with a rated disability the opportunity including medical coverage for members and dependents and a monthly stipend until medical conditions can become stabilized or corrected. TDRL is also responsible for the processing of all orders directing disability rated service members to undergo Periodic Physical Medical Examinations. PDRL is the Permanent Disability Retirement program designed to provide permanent disability benefits to members of the military with service-connected disabilities.

CONTACT INFORMATION

PERS-954 TDRL/PDRL

TDRL/PDRL Program

Email: [email protected]

To any extent, please don't allow nor accept the U.S. Navy's lackluster performance while you being on the DoD TDRL to ultimately result in becoming a casualty of the federal law's previously mandated TDRL termination (e.g., all military retired pay & military retired benefits) requirement of not exceeding the maximum five year tenure duration limit; it's (suppose to be) automatic without any exceptions! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

D_street1030

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am in a very similar position. My TDRL is through the Army, and I am rapidly approaching the two year mark. I, unfortunately, fall into the new 3 year TDRL program and I am beginning to worry. I have called on multiple occasions and was told multiple times that my packet is being sent forward. The most recent time was January, I was told to check back after 90 days. This puts me less than a year out from being removed from TDRL and I'm beginning to worry. I'd hate to be dropped from a program I should be permanently on because of the DoD's lackluster approach at problem resolution.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am in a very similar position. My TDRL is through the Army, and I am rapidly approaching the two year mark. I, unfortunately, fall into the new 3 year TDRL program and I am beginning to worry. I have called on multiple occasions and was told multiple times that my packet is being sent forward. The most recent time was January, I was told to check back after 90 days. This puts me less than a year out from being removed from TDRL and I'm beginning to worry. I'd hate to be dropped from a program I should be permanently on because of the DoD's lackluster approach at problem resolution.
Indeed, this is very unfortunate and I can completely comprehend; I too was in that type of situation when previously on TDRL via the U.S. Army. Albeit, it seems that you are being "positively proactive" at this point; good job and keep it up!

Nonetheless, I would also suggest forwarding an email to the USAPDA TDRL Branch explaining your "heightened" concern of soon reaching the 2nd anniversary year on the DoD TDRL with a maximum three-year tenure duration limit. As such, politely explain your entire TDRL situation, in detail, and request their immediate assistance in order to avoid any potential federally mandated termination (without any exceptions) of all military retired pay and military retired benefits (e.g., medical care, etc.) while on DoD TDRL due to no fault of your own. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

D_street1030

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Indeed, this is very unfortunate and I can completely comprehend; I too was in that type of situation when previously on TDRL via the U.S. Army. Albeit, it seems that you are being "positively proactive" at this point; good job and keep it up!

Nonetheless, I would also suggest forwarding an email to the USAPDA TDRL Branch explaining your "heightened" concern of soon reaching the 2nd anniversary year on the DoD TDRL with a maximum three-year tenure duration limit. As such, politely explain your entire TDRL situation, in detail, and request their immediate assistance in order to avoid any potential federally mandated termination (without any exceptions) of all military retired pay and military retired benefits (e.g., medical care, etc.) while on DoD TDRL due to no fault of your own. Take care!

Best Wishes!

Sir, thank you for your input. Immedieately following the posting this message I sent the e-mail. I am attempting to stay as proactive as possible throughout this process because I don't want to slip through the cracks. I will keep updating throughout the process.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sir, thank you for your input. Immedieately following the posting this message I sent the e-mail. I am attempting to stay as proactive as possible throughout this process because I don't want to slip through the cracks. I will keep updating throughout the process.
Indeed, and you are quite welcome!

Good deal and please continue to be "positively proactive" throughout your TDRL re-evaluation via the USAPDA. Take care!

Best Wishes!

D_street1030

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just wanted to touch base with everyone on this thread. Received a call and an e-mail from a PEBLO at Ft Knox. I received my re-evaluation packet and, to my surprise, noticed that they recommended PDRL based off of the results from my VA re-eval. Naturally I accepted and signed my 199 and should have my orders within 7-10 days. I will say this has been so smooth, from start to finish was about a 4 hour process. I called the PEBLO this morning to confirm over the phone exactly what was happening. I do wish everyone here and anyone who visits the best of luck.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just wanted to touch base with everyone on this thread. Received a call and an e-mail from a PEBLO at Ft Knox. I received my re-evaluation packet and, to my surprise, noticed that they recommended PDRL based off of the results from my VA re-eval. Naturally I accepted and signed my 199 and should have my orders within 7-10 days. I will say this has been so smooth, from start to finish was about a 4 hour process. I called the PEBLO this morning to confirm over the phone exactly what was happening. I do wish everyone here and anyone who visits the best of luck.
Outstanding news; congratulations! Enjoy! Take care!

Best Wishes!

rocky8289

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Did the VA re-evaluate your conditions already? I'm almost 4.5 years TDRL and haven't receive any reevaluation from Navy or from VA neither!

D_street1030

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Did the VA re-evaluate your conditions already? I'm almost 4.5 years TDRL and haven't receive any reevaluation from Navy or from VA neither!
They did, my VA re-eval was roughly 6 months from my ETS date. Same as the evaluations from before, same questions and everything. Ratings were adjusted roughly 45 days later. They said the 6 months post ETS is pretty standard. If you missed it I would check ebennefits and/or call your local VA.

rocky8289

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Nahh... Why should I call the VA and ask them to reevaluate my conditions. There is no time frame when the VA does re-evaluations... Im good

Ocean

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would send e-mail and a certified return receipt letter USPS to the TDRL agency working with you just to cover all your bases.

D_street1030

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Nahh... Why should I call the VA and ask them to reevaluate my conditions. There is no time frame when the VA does re-evaluations... Im good
I mean you're going to have to be re-evaluated at some point whether it's DOD or the VA, I was just throwing out a suggestion.

rocky8289

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I mean you're going to have to be re-evaluated at some point whether it's DOD or the VA, I was just throwing out a suggestion.
I Understand your point of view. Maybe calling the PEB but not the VA... The VA is the one who pays the benefits monthly, there is no need to request a revision for your conditions unless you want your ratings to go higher. Im 100% VA, but for sure I will call PEB to get reevaluated before 5 year mark!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">