Overseas MEB? Help please

cakebake12

Registered Member
I am stationed in Japan but in California for mental health treatment but my question is if I go back to Japan once "stabilized" can I continue my MEB there? I've been told yes and no im very confused.

Thank you to anyone!

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am stationed in Japan but in California for mental health treatment but my question is if I go back to Japan once "stabilized" can I continue my MEB there? I've been told yes and no im very confused.

Thank you to anyone!
I would want to know your duty status in California before giving a more in-depth answer. But, bottom line, if you need an MEB while you are physically in Japan, then it should continue or be initiated in Japan. This does not mean that they may not move you CONUS for processing. I am not sure if you are asking or hoping that you can control where an MEB will be conducted or whether you can have one OCONUS.

cakebake12

Registered Member
I’m going through outpatient right now and my unit in japan is initiating the MEB but they’re saying I can go back to japan and still go through my meb I just don’t understand how that’s possible but then I’m also hearing I cannot go through my meb in OCONUS thank you for your time!

Rjohnson87

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am also stationed in Japan and currently going through an MEB. I had multiple outpatient procedures done in Hawaii, but my MEB was ultimately started back in Japan. My next step is going to California for my C&P exams.

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You can go through an MEB at either location. Your health will drive where your are located.

I encourage you to focus on your treatment. Focusing on the MEB will be a distraction and a MEB is a process over which you have little influence. Achieving maximum healing will help you the rest of your life.

Shortyvane1

Registered Member
Currently stationed in japan going through an MEB myself I’m even getting the exams out here wishing u the best of luck

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">