Overseas VA physical from remote location

frinkw

Registered Member
I recently retired after 22 years of service and walked right into a great job that now has me working overseas. Due to the quick transition, I did not have time to complete my physical with the VA and I am wondering if there is a way I can schedule to do it here. I am in a sort of remote location, near Dubai actually, and I do to my being in a one deep position, I can not take a lot of time off to travel too far to complete this physical. I would have no problem taking a couple of days to get this done if needed but how do I find a VA rep in this area that can direct me to where I would have to go to get this done. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

frinkw,

welcome! well i searched my butt off on google to find a VSO in dubai and didn't come up w/much. i'm sure you've already done this. i've used the VFW and the DAV in the past, but now i've been using my local VA's Veterans Center and i love them. i have also heard good things about the military order of the purple heart. what i like more about these 2 is the size, they are alot smaller. the VFW and DAV are HUGE, so in my opinion you don't get that warm and fuzzy one-on-one, that you do w/a smaller agancy. but what i would do is start w/this site:

National Veterans Foundation - Veteran Service Officers

and just try and contact any agancy that you can back in the states and maybe they can point you in the right direction. i should see or talk to my VA vets. center rep. next week, so i will ask him for you. hopefully by then, someone here will chime in w/some good contact info. for ya. if there is anything that i can do to help, just shoot me an e-mail. GOOD LUCK!