P&T questions. Please help

Saair10

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Greetings. Guys. I just completed my first C&P exam recently. And noticed some changes in my benefit letter(see below. My benefit letter did say YES or checkmark on the P&T). But for the past couple of years. I was under the impression that there is no such thing as 90% P&T. Or I was getting the wrong information from different people?

Did look up Youtube and Google. Even made 2 phone calls to the local VA office, spoke to 2 representatives from VA Compensation & Pension. The first Representative told me ''NO'' because I am rated at 90%. The second phone call I made (30 mins later than the first one) told me ''YES'' that I am P&T according to my VA rating decision letter and my VA benefit letter.

Upon closer look at my rating decision summary from this recent C&P exam, I am even more confused now. Maybe I am stupid and don't know how to do proper research. Please help me with this matter. Thanks in advance.

20211001141344.png

Additionally. My rating decision did have "Eligibility to Dependents' Educational Assistance under 38 U.S.C Chapter 35''. Does that mean anything at all? But this is still confusing because I am still rated at 90%.

Additionally. My rating decision did have "Eligibility to Dependents' Educational Assistance under 38 U.S.C Chapter 35''. Does that mean anything at all? But this is still confusing because I am still rated at 90%.
Remember the stuff you are doing now is proposed ratings for IDES. My guess is that your new rating once done and out of the military will be 100% P&T

Remember the stuff you are doing now is proposed ratings for IDES. My guess is that your new rating once done and out of the military will be 100% P&T
Thank you for the information. It was not for IDES. Sorry if I did not clarify that this is the 1st C&P exam in 3 years since my Medboard. It will be my 2nd exam ever if counting the one I received during the Medboard. As of today, I am still at 90%. Sorry for the confusion. But my VA benefit letter did have a ''YES'' on ''Total and permanent'' and also a 90% combined service-connected rating as in the letter screenshot above.

Thank you for the information. It was not for IDES. Sorry if I did not clarify that this is the 1st C&P exam in 3 years since my Medboard. It will be my 2nd exam ever if counting the one I received during the Medboard. As of today, I am still at 90%. Sorry for the confusion. But my VA benefit letter did have a ''YES'' on ''Total and permanent'' and also a 90% combined service-connected rating as in the letter screenshot above.
That is weird. It should be 100% if P&T. You can be less than 100% but that would be permanent only. The total part would be omitted.

That is weird. It should be 100% if P&T. You can be less than 100% but that would be permanent only. The total part would be omitted.
Thank you and Yes. It is weird and also confusing when 2 VA C&P reps gave me a ''yes'' and ''no'' 30 minutes apart. Maybe it is possible to have a 90% P&T if VA deems you P&T? Or it got overlooked because most of us are so focused on the rating of 100%?

Most guys I spoke to for the past couple of days told me. If the VA benefit verification letter has a '' YES'' on ''Total and Permanent'' that means I am P&T. And there is one person I knew from the local VA hospital who has a 70% P&T. He logs on to his eBenefit in front of me and shows me his benefit verification letter. His benefit letter is worded exactly the same as mine column by column other than I am at 90% service-connected. His shows 70% service-connected.

Perhaps the VA rating is for individual unemployability—that would result in compensation at the 100% rate. However, that is not what the document shows...

Just a guess.

Ron

Hello @Saair10

You spoke of your benefits letter; I suspect you are speaking of the eBenefits version of "the letter."

eBenefits is well-known for occasionally having confusing info since it is not directly updated by a human being. It takes data from other VA systems.

When there is conflicting info, the official VA rating is in the award letter one receives thru the U.S. mail.

This subject has been discussed hundreds of times on another site I am involved with, albeit there is a very small number of PEB/MEB issues discussed there.

Ron

Please report how this turns out for you. Thanks..Ron