Package sent back from IPEB

I signed my 618 and my package was submitted to the IPEB on 24 August. They sent it back on 2 September because it lacked a psychiatrist cosignature. The signature was arranged and my package was resubmitted to the IPEB yesterday. In a case like this, where it has been reviewed and sent back, does it return to the back of the queue so I start back at square one or would they skip it to the front to move it along?

I know this might be a question no one has an answer to, I was just hoping perhaps someone had been through a similar situation and could offer some insight. Thanks in advance!

I can't believe they actually looked at it. I signed my 618 August 18th and they haven't even looked at mine.
I haven't been through this but hoping for the best for you.

I got this email Friday from myPers:

"The Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) at your base Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) sent your Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) package to the Air Force Personnel Center Physical Disability Operations Branch. The Physical Disability Operations team has reviewed your package and determined documentation is current and complete. The Physical Disability Operations will transfer your completed package to the Informal Physical Evaluation Board (IPEB) for review. The IPEB is an administrative board charged to determine whether wounded, ill, or injured Airmen are fit for continued military service. The purpose of the Air Force Disability Program is to maintain a fit and vital force. The IPEB gives careful consideration to each disability case to ensure Airmen receive the
benefit of a full and fair adjudication in accordance with disability policy. The IPEB goal for making a decision on your disability case is 15 days. However, when the IPEB is unable to evaluate a case due to insufficient information and requires more detailed or additional documents, HQ AFPC/DPFD returns the MEB package to the Medical Treatment Facility.

The entire DES process can take up to 295 days for Active Duty Airmen and 305 days for Reserve Component Airmen. Each phase in the process has a timeline and due to the uniqueness of each DES case the timeline(s) may change.

The PEBLO at your base MTF is your primary point of contact throughout the DES process. Your Commander and First Sergeant are periodically updated on the status of your case.

It is your responsibility to contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center at your base to schedule pre-separation counseling at the earliest possible date following your entry into the Disability Evaluation System."

So it looks like I'm now at the same spot you were at 29 August. Fingers crossed.

You actually received an e-mail? That's awesome, my stuff was sent up 19 Aug and I have not heard anything. I am still waiting on ANYTHING to happen either IPEB or VA side. Good luck on getting what you deserve.

I have yet to have the IPEB look at my case file. I'm surprised you got something already

It's our luck translucent

I'm not entirely sure why I got the email, it came with a myPers Incident number, but there is nothing in the incidents list when I log in. It was nice to have the verification that the file made it through review since it had already been sent back once.

I'm trying to stay patient at this point because I have seen such mixed results on timelines, but I am so hoping they really try to stick to the timelines they have quoted. The unfit decision is really a formality at this point, I can hardly function, much less serve. It's the ratings decision I am concerned with because I have a fairly short list of claims, but they could almost all end up being subjective/questionable as to ratings thanks to the analogous ratings process.

Mine is the same way fazwich, I cannot function very effectively in life, but since I don't have the actual "unfit" letter, I am still questioning if they will try to keep me in.

Same.

This is the first time that I've heard that AFPC kicks out that automated email. I guess it's a good overview for those who aren't obsessively looking for info on the process here like us :D

Try calling the OAC at Randolph before you call the PEB.

I figured calling the PEB would be a last resort sort of option if the time went into ridiculous territory and my PEBLO and the OAC could not provide any information.