Pain Management

Usndocgreen

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Agree with you on this for sure!! Opiods are no bueno for chronic pain. Just a downward spiral often ending in nasty addictions

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
On the Air Force side, the docs have avoided offering any opioids in my experience. Good ol Motrin and physical therapy is the cure for any issue.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
On the Air Force side, the docs have avoided offering any opioids in my experience. Good ol Motrin and physical therapy is the cure for any issue.
Ranger Pills (800MG Ibuprofen) will cure everything. Not really.

Some medical boards are now requiring Continuing Medical Education, in alternatives to opioids. The problem is the states/boards have not helped connect medical providers with the providers of mind body therapies nor mandated insurers to impanel alternative providers and pay for these therapies.

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
at SAMMC they work with massage therapy, cupping, chiropractors, and yoga for some issues. I was seeing them early on but they are always booked way in advanced and hard to get appointments that work with my Units work schedule

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">