Paperwork issues

Mmeyer

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have been going through the Med board process since April 2018. I went to VA in October and signed paperwork the 14th of November to be sent up for a rating. Today I found out that my paperwork had errors and my PCM was asked for an addendum which she said she completed on Christmas. Then later this afternoon was told she didnt complete and now I still need the addendum from her. Does anyone know how much this will effect my wait time? Other people I have asked have been very little help.

I have been going through the Med board process since April 2018. I went to VA in October and signed paperwork the 14th of November to be sent up for a rating. Today I found out that my paperwork had errors and my PCM was asked for an addendum which she said she completed on Christmas. Then later this afternoon was told she didnt complete and now I still need the addendum from her. Does anyone know how much this will effect my wait time? Other people I have asked have been very little help.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

From an U.S. Army perspective, it's indeed very challenging to try to pinpoint how much additional wait time that you shall actually experience in your particular situation; there exist unknown variables at this point unfortunately.

Albeit for certain, you shall continue to have an increased wait time as long as your PCM doesn't provide the necessary addendum. Continue to work with your PCM and explain the importance of the addendum which is halting the continued processing of your IDES case file. Hopefully, your PCM shall comprehend the urgency; if not then you may need to consider going up the medical chain of command until officially resolved.

With that all said, please remember that only you are your own best advocate while in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process at least in my experienced opinion! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!