PCM started MEB for headaches instead of Migraines?

Chawmane

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all,
So I just got my permanent profile printed off today. I am a P3 with the condition reading “Bilateral Intractable Headaches” has anyone else had this happen? If so let me know how it went. Kind of shocking.

Do you have a neurology diagnsosed migraine? If so just reiterate and state that you suffer from migraines. I also had the headache DBQ doing my exam and the examiner stated in the DBQ in many places that I suffered from migraines separate from daily headaches, he stated how often I get them and the severity, in the end I was rated for migraines properly.

IF WORSE COMES WORST, you can do a VARR and add letters from your neurology and (hopefully you have been told to keep a migraine journal) your logs of migraine attacks to correct the rating.

They key point is to have your migraines diagnosed and documented by a neurologist - Neurologists treat Migraines and carry the most weight in these conditions. PCMs usually try to treat headaches, headache treatments can actually increase migraine occurrence and severity.

Do you have a neurology diagnsosed migraine? If so just reiterate and state that you suffer from migraines. I also had the headache DBQ doing my exam and the examiner stated in the DBQ in many places that I suffered from migraines separate from daily headaches, he stated how often I get them and the severity, in the end I was rated for migraines properly.

IF WORSE COMES WORST, you can do a VARR and add letters from your neurology and (hopefully you have been told to keep a migraine journal) your logs of migraine attacks to correct the rating.

They key point is to have your migraines diagnosed and documented by a neurologist - Neurologists treat Migraines and carry the most weight in these conditions. PCMs usually try to treat headaches, headache treatments can actually increase migraine occurrence and severity.

my Neurologist was the one that diagnosed me with the intractable headaches