Pdbr and va compensation

Spike0311

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Question.......after pdbr goes up on your rating.....does the va honor the rating on your disability compensation......just wanna know how it works?

Question.......after pdbr goes up on your rating.....does the va honor the rating on your disability compensation......just wanna know how it works?
A PDBR does not change a VA rating for compensation. Only the VA can do that and the the PDBR is unrelated to those procedures.

The PDBR uses medical information provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the military department. Once a review is complete, the PDBR forwards a recommendation to the secretary of the respective branch of the armed services. That recommendation can result in a DoD disability retirement.

Please note that if a disability retirement is approved, the retirement pay is reduced dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received. Approved CRSC can replace some or all of the "reduction." See this collection of CRSC info: CRSC LINK <---

Ron

I did some research for the crsc....my disability is service connected at 20%....dont i could be eligible but do you recommend that i still apply for it?

Your CRSC Percentage may be more than your service connected percentage. However, you must be in a retired status to receive CRSC.

DoD retired percentages do not go up if you get worse after retirement, VA percentages can go up after retirement. CRSC can go up, if you VA percentage increases.

Your CRSC Percentage may be more than your service connected percentage. However, you must be in a retired status to receive CRSC.
Yes, one of the basic requirements is to be in a retired status.

CRSC replaces waived/reduced/offset retired pay. No waived retired pay = no CRSC.

The info previously provided explains all of this. See this collection of CRSC info: CRSC LINK <---

Ron

Eligibility
To qualify for CRSC you must:

--be entitled to and/or receiving military retired pay

--be rated at least 10 percent by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA)

--waive the amount of VA compensation from your retired pay (i.e., your retired pay is reduced by amount of VA compensation)

--file a CRSC application with your Branch of Service

Ron