PDBR Approved! What next?

Trapper

Registered Member
I got out of the Marine Corps in August 2006. I filed for PDBR correction in August of 2018. In October 2020 I received my answer and that my separation was going to be changed to a medical retirement. In June 2021, I received my Retirement Package from the Marine Corps and a letter saying to fill out a DD2656 form for DFAS. I did that and emailed it back to MMSR-4. I am sure they are backed up and I will not hear back from them saying they received my paperwork.

My question now is what do I do now? I sure would like to get the ball rolling on how I can go about getting enrolled in DEERS and how to get my blue ID card. I live in Colorado Springs 5 minutes from Peterson Space Force Base (Its now Space Force and not Air Force) and Fort Carson. I do not see a lot of Marine posts on here so I do not know if my process is different than the Navy or what I should do.

When I got my Retirement Package in June, I received 2 letters (Attached) and it does not offer much advice. I did in fact call MMSR-6 concerning benefits and I only got a private that said they could not help me since nothing in their system stated that I was retired now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dept. of Navy.jpgUSMC.jpg

Have you called DFAS?

Have you called DFAS?
No I have not. Will they be able to point me in the right direction regarding changing my DD214 and ID cards and everything? Plus I just looked at their website, there are a ton of phone numbers listed. Any specific section you recommend I calling first?

Thank you!

If you record has or has not been updated to retired, they should be able to tell you. If not, then you need to call your service's personnel section.

Try calling #7 of your first letter - the Marine Corps wounded Warrior Call Center....