PDBR Case Update

Rater81

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I submitted my case in April 2018. Here is the latest update:

The docket number is currently in the Adjudication (medical Review) phase. The adjudication phase consist of 3 phases:
  1. Medical Review
  2. Board
  3. Directors Review and signature

It will likely be several months before this docket number is out of this phase. Please remember the PDBR only gives a recommendation. The Army will make the Final determination on this case.

Respectfully

Physical Disability Board of Review

I submitted mine in May of 2017, was in records collection until March of 19, and in adjudication since the 4th of April, 2019. If that helps anyone with timeline. I will update once I hear from the Secretary of the Navy, presumably August/September timeframe.

I submitted mine in May of 2017, was in records collection until March of 19, and in adjudication since the 4th of April, 2019. If that helps anyone with timeline. I will update once I hear from the Secretary of the Navy, presumably August/September timeframe.
visserjr3 your time frame is very close to mine:

I submitted my paperwork March of 2017. Was moved to the adjudication phase April 3rd 2019. Last email I received stated "Your case is currently in the adjudication phase awaiting to be scheduled for the Board.

There are 3 stages of adjudication

1. Medical Review
2. Board
3. Director's Signature"

That was received middle of May 2019. I'm assuming from the content of the email, that my file has already gone through the 1. Medical review portion.

visserjr3 your time frame is very close to mine:

I submitted my paperwork March of 2017. Was moved to the adjudication phase April 3rd 2019. Last email I received stated "Your case is currently in the adjudication phase awaiting to be scheduled for the Board.

There are 3 stages of adjudication

1. Medical Review
2. Board
3. Director's Signature"

That was received middle of May 2019. I'm assuming from the content of the email, that my file has already gone through the 1. Medical review portion.

Good luck, and may answers come soon!

I don't know if this means a hill of beans or not. On Millconnect, I have been listed as a sponsor for probably a year or so now. Now when I log into millconnect, under benefits tab, is Beneficiary web enrollment. I click on it and it says "not an open enrollment period". Under the FAQ tab, it says for Tricare eligibility, Click on benefits tab, if BWE is there, you are Tricare eligible. Now this could all be related, or it could be complete hogwash. But, the BEW tab and enrollment was not there previously. Regardless of outcome, I will update here so we know if it is an accounting error in the system, or if this is an early tell of PDBR results in favor of retirement. Again, not trying to read too much into it, just placing here for tracking.

To quote the FAQ on mill connect regarding Tricare eligibility "
"Find out whether your Branch of Service has listed you in DEERS as being eligible for military health care benefits. Typically this happens automatically.
You can check your eligibility easily in milConnect. Sign into milConnect and select the Benefits menu. If "Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)" appears, you are listed as eligible in DEERS.
If you do not see it and believe you are eligible, please read, "Who do I call for health care eligibility questions?""

Visser. I simply called the TriCare number and they told me that I was ineligable.

My milconnect said the same thing. After clicking around I simply called TriCare. So, I have no idea yet what the verdict will be.

Once you receive the favorable letter for retirement from the PDBR, you will have to wait for new orders and new DD214 (or DD215), go to a military ID (RAPIDS) site with the orders and dd214 to be updated in DEERS before anything will change in milConnect. At this point the "RET" tab will now be available in MilConnect under your profile and you can enroll in Tricare.

Thank you both for the clarification. I simply found it odd that millconnect showed eligible. One thing is certain, more waiting two years and counting now.

That is interesting. I missed that part of your story. I scroll my mouse across and it reads, "Not Eligible"

I'd call the tricare number and ask about your eligibility. If you are, perhaps that's a good sign?

Like you, I'm two years into this thing as well. After asking Randolph AFB how it's going, my congressman, and a few other leads, I'm exhausted. I'm amazed that this process isn't transparent through and through.

I was reading about the BWE tab. It is actually a new addition to the MilConnect page. I believe it was added in October 2018 (?) Mine shows it as well, but still not eligible...yet, but hopefully soon!

That may because you are eligible for ChampVA. I noticed the change in MilConnect after I updated DEERS after getting 100% disability through the VA. I also called Tricare and they said I only qualified for ChampVA.