PDBR Online Case Docket Updates? How often?

hi rpenar,
don't worry about it, I'm in the same boat, and similar to what your receiving but when I turned it over to The Creator things started looking positive. keep your head up.

God Bless
Hello Murf,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I leave everything in the hands of God. After reading so many post, I guess I also became involved and i t took the best out of me. I guess I needed a push from other veterans. Thank you again and I'll pass it forward.
God Bless.

Hello Murf,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I leave everything in the hands of God. After reading so many post, I guess I also became involved and i t took the best out of me. I guess I needed a push from other veterans. Thank you again and I'll pass it forward.
God Bless.

Rpenar - for sure kick it to the big man upstairs and also, if your hurting, po'd and need help don't forget about the write your Rep option. Nothing gets folks moving like inquiries from Senators and Reps both State/Federal level or your Governor. I would keep it short and direct, 1 page because they are busy, but chances are they'll respond. In my experience this option has affected movement in other federal agencies for me personally. Never hurts to try, let your voice be heard by all your Reps! Best of luck.

whats up people... real quick question if anyones got any info on this. I just got my letter of determination from the army. They only gave me 10% with what looks like no severance. so if this is the case, then why upgrade from 0% to 10% if it did absolutely nothing for me? just wondering. Hope everyone is having a great new year

Hamilstone

They pretty much have to is why, or, rather that's what I've gathered from studying up on this deal. They can't complete their mandate until all affected record decisions are reviewed and either confirmed or changed.

A change from 0 - 10% may not do anything specifically for you (unfortunate, sorry you didn't get better news) but, by evaluating all 77-80k cases affected they can accomplish the boards stated goal. I believe the idea is then to shudder the board once the caseload is complete. Does that make sense?

Just observations here.

The increase is documented for benefits purposes. They can't just tell people who get below 30% and don't get retirement that they are all rated at 0%. While you may not be eligible for any added benefits from the military, the increased rating could offer you added educational, employment, and state benefits. For example your disability rating in Texas correlates to a property tax exemption. 10% disability rating earns you a 10% discount on your property taxes. I'd do some research and see if your state offers any similar benefits.

I am sorry that you were not granted retirement

I submitted my documents to pdbr February 22 2017. Just 20 days ago the sent it over to DDA for the Army to make a decision.

Well hopefully no news is good news for me. My timeline is as follows: I sent my documents off 2/18/17 PDBR confirmed receipt on 8 March 2017. I can see they are going in no specific order with anything as my docket number has been passed over currently im 2017-03XXX and they have went before me and after me all the way into 2017-05XXX so HOPEFULLY here soon I will hear something. I have no clue where I am in the process though. I have emailed them and am currently waiting on a response to where I'm at however on my last e-mail from Jan 25 2018 they stated I was in the record collection phase. There was no indication as to when I went into the record collection phase. I do see that on 6/11/18 they updated the PDBR site with packets and mine was not included in that batch. What I will say is this process is a long one with pretty poor communication. I have compared my case to other cases just to get an idea of where I may fall, however, its hard to use that as a baseline when everyone is different and some are rated favorably while others are not for what seems the same conditions.
Part of me is hoping that mine was not in that last batch as they are seeking signatures for my retirement but obviously I don't want to get my hopes that high...although the conspiracy theorist part of my brain started going off when all the recent PDBR cases were all adjudicated unfavorably and mine was not a part of that upload thereby giving me a glimmer of hope in thinking I might have a shot. Who knows though...sorry for the rant just wanted to vent and see what the general consensus was from others on the board.

Well hopefully no news is good news for me. My timeline is as follows: I sent my documents off 2/18/17 PDBR confirmed receipt on 8 March 2017. I can see they are going in no specific order with anything as my docket number has been passed over currently im 2017-03XXX and they have went before me and after me all the way into 2017-05XXX so HOPEFULLY here soon I will hear something. I have no clue where I am in the process though. I have emailed them and am currently waiting on a response to where I'm at however on my last e-mail from Jan 25 2018 they stated I was in the record collection phase. There was no indication as to when I went into the record collection phase. I do see that on 6/11/18 they updated the PDBR site with packets and mine was not included in that batch. What I will say is this process is a long one with pretty poor communication. I have compared my case to other cases just to get an idea of where I may fall, however, its hard to use that as a baseline when everyone is different and some are rated favorably while others are not for what seems the same conditions.
Part of me is hoping that mine was not in that last batch as they are seeking signatures for my retirement but obviously I don't want to get my hopes that high...although the conspiracy theorist part of my brain started going off when all the recent PDBR cases were all adjudicated unfavorably and mine was not a part of that upload thereby giving me a glimmer of hope in thinking I might have a shot. Who knows though...sorry for the rant just wanted to vent and see what the general consensus was from others on the board.

Rant on Frank! I'm at 18 months now and the last I've heard for the last 6 months is the record collection phase. No clue where they get records from, when they've obtained them or what happens after that. It doesn't seem like the government had tasked a large team to take care of the only 18,000 applications they've received. 18,000 seems like a lot but for the governmrnt it isn't. 18 months is extensive. 2 years is what they estimated this process to take. I pray and hope for all the others that deserve for the government's errors to be corrected

I mailed my application Jun 2017.
I received a snail mail letter Jan 2018 that my "application was received".
I emailed pdbr Jul 2018 for a status.
They responded the next day and said "It was in pre-board stage".
I emailed back for more explanation and they said it was in phase 2. When I asked how many phases there were and for a link that explains the phases, the response was, "there are 5 phases." (No link or other explanation).
Does anyone know what these phases entail?

I mailed my application Jun 2017.
I received a snail mail letter Jan 2018 that my "application was received".
I emailed pdbr Jul 2018 for a status.
They responded the next day and said "It was in pre-board stage".
I emailed back for more explanation and they said it was in phase 2. When I asked how many phases there were and for a link that explains the phases, the response was, "there are 5 phases." (No link or other explanation).
Does anyone know what these phases entail?

You should be in the gathering information phase. That's all I can come up with. The will intake your packet, send out for your records, prepare you case for review, send it to the board and then that decision will be sent to your service secretary for approval. Mine took about 19 months to receive my retirement decision and approval from the Secretary of the Army. I have yet to have any files update on HRC and haven't received orders or the other paperwork yet. Its been about a month since my decision was made.

You should be in the gathering information phase. That's all I can come up with. The will intake your packet, send out for your records, prepare you case for review, send it to the board and then that decision will be sent to your service secretary for approval. Mine took about 19 months to receive my retirement decision and approval from the Secretary of the Army. I have yet to have any files update on HRC and haven't received orders or the other paperwork yet. Its been about a month since my decision was made.

When did you submit for review? Congrats! I'm at 18 months.

Still waiting am I the only one left on Docket# 2017
Nope!
Submitted March 2017
Emailed in July 2018 and am "in records collection phase" STILL!!!
Docket# PD-2017-03XXX
Been skipped over many times as well!

Nope!
Submitted March 2017
Emailed in July 2018 and am "in records collection phase" STILL!!!
Docket# PD-2017-03XXX
Been skipped over many times as well!

Me neither. : (
Coast Guard Service Connected Veteran
2017-008**
They received my packet February 2017

Same here, submitted packet in Feb of 2017 ---- 2017-02xxx

Submitted packet Jun 2017. As of a few weeks ago...."still in record collection phase.". Glad to see I'm not the only one.