PDES process and upcoming seperation date

tsj12bbm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm just posting this for the guy who comes looking months from now so the answer will be here.

If you are within 90 days of separating/EAS/RELAD and you are in the MEB process wondering what happens, this is for you. You will be retained until your process is complete, but if you want to insure no gap in pay you need to be proactive. A coastie that worked for me assumed the process would work and she missed a pay cut and eventually got an offline payment, but went 10 days without pay.

This is what I did, at 90 days I started asking the HS2 assigned to my package and she said talk to my SPO. I talked to my SPO, they said it would be automatic. I read all of the messages, flag voices, PDES, Separations manual, and PPPM, which of course were as clear as mud and all seemed to contradict each other. Gets down to 60 days and no one has responded so I contacted everyone again and got pretty much the same answer, that's when I put the pressure on my SPO to find the procedure currently to be used. At around the 60 day mark, the SPO should send a request for a 90 day involuntary retention to PSC-epm via CGMS. PSC-epm will reply via CGMS say go ahead. This is where most people assume they're good, you're not. Anyone reading this in the CG knows that nothing happens until it happens in DA/Peoplesoft/whatever they're calling it today. The SPO needs to execute a contract in DA for the extension to reflect in all the systems DA "talks" to, most importantly your pay. Once your SPO says everything is good to go, give until after midnight for the update and then log into DA and view your member information tab. If the date has changed to 90 days out from what it said, then you're good to go and your pay will continue. If you still haven't processed out about 45 days from that date, remind your SPO to do the process all over again.

Now this isn't a knock at any Yeoman. I've been blessed with some great ones, but this isn't something that most YN come across very often so now you know what to ask/tell them to be looking for. Of course, as always, unless you are a salty BMC, utilize your Chain of Command before going to the SPO directly.

J. Atkinson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just a quick follow on, if a member is separating with severance, the sev pay takes 45-60 days AFTER separation to be paid out. Official word from PPC.

I'm just posting this for the guy who comes looking months from now so the answer will be here.

If you are within 90 days of separating/EAS/RELAD and you are in the MEB process wondering what happens, this is for you. You will be retained until your process is complete, but if you want to insure no gap in pay you need to be proactive. A coastie that worked for me assumed the process would work and she missed a pay cut and eventually got an offline payment, but went 10 days without pay.

This is what I did, at 90 days I started asking the HS2 assigned to my package and she said talk to my SPO. I talked to my SPO, they said it would be automatic. I read all of the messages, flag voices, PDES, Separations manual, and PPPM, which of course were as clear as mud and all seemed to contradict each other. Gets down to 60 days and no one has responded so I contacted everyone again and got pretty much the same answer, that's when I put the pressure on my SPO to find the procedure currently to be used. At around the 60 day mark, the SPO should send a request for a 90 day involuntary retention to PSC-epm via CGMS. PSC-epm will reply via CGMS say go ahead. This is where most people assume they're good, you're not. Anyone reading this in the CG knows that nothing happens until it happens in DA/Peoplesoft/whatever they're calling it today. The SPO needs to execute a contract in DA for the extension to reflect in all the systems DA "talks" to, most importantly your pay. Once your SPO says everything is good to go, give until after midnight for the update and then log into DA and view your member information tab. If the date has changed to 90 days out from what it said, then you're good to go and your pay will continue. If you still haven't processed out about 45 days from that date, remind your SPO to do the process all over again.

Now this isn't a knock at any Yeoman. I've been blessed with some great ones, but this isn't something that most YN come across very often so now you know what to ask/tell them to be looking for. Of course, as always, unless you are a salty BMC, utilize your Chain of Command before going to the SPO directly.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">