script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

PDLR

Nicole2482

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone,

I was just told I am PDLR at 100% va 60% dod. My question is I keep researching what benefits my spouse and I will be awarded. I know it's based on state, which is currently Louisiana but could change. But what about health care. Do my dependents get coverage? Do i pay for it What about life insurance for the both of us? Any help would be appreciated or if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hello @Nicole2482 ,

Benefits from the Federal government associated with your retirement are not based on where you live.

You and your spouse will be eligible for TRICARE.
See this TRICARE LINK <----

The following link takes one to a VA site that discusses health care, compensation, education benefits, housing, employment and more:
CHOOSEVA <--LINK

State benefits: Your 2021 State Veterans Benefits | Military.com <---LINK

Added: @oddpedestrian recently posted the following:
Medically retired service members do not have to pay all these Tricare fees that regular retirees pay which at this point is substantial this includes no out of pocket costs from the mail in pharmacy. I am also a big user of the online PX/BX because of NO TAXES I have saved a ton of money on watches, shoes, and especially big ticket items like my dining room set and couch. It has came a long way their stock use to be limited now they pretty much have anything you find at Target or Wal-Mart.

Ron

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Make sure you get all your medications from express-scripts when you go to the doctors they ask what your primary pharmacy is fr most people thats a CVS or Walgreens unless you need the medication ASAP always have them process it from the mail in pharmacy it will be free that way.

You have four months to convert your SGLI to VGLI without proof of good health if you do not do this you will most likely will never qualify for life insurance this is something A LOT of servicemembers skip out on only to later regret when they are doing their estate planning.

If your 100% isnt P&T you may have additional RFE exams in the future.

Elementglt

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Make sure you get all your medications from express-scripts when you go to the doctors they ask what your primary pharmacy is fr most people thats a CVS or Walgreens unless you need the medication ASAP always have them process it from the mail in pharmacy it will be free that way.

You have four months to convert your SGLI to VGLI without proof of good health if you do not do this you will most likely will never qualify for life insurance this is something A LOT of servicemembers skip out on only to later regret when they are doing their estate planning.

If your 100% isnt P&T you may have additional RFE exams in the future.
Just learned about the online medication process and it is a blessing. Thank you for the information!