PEB accepts case

tjveres

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey all,

My case was sent to the PEB on Dec 4 2019. Today at 0302 I received the MOL notification that the PEB has accepted my case. Any ideas as to how long my case will take to be sent to the VA. Should I call someone? Should I expect my determination soon or should it be a while due to holidays. I’m starting to get antsy about my determination.

Hello tjverses,

Good questions.

I suspect you will receive several excellent replies. During the interim, you could use the SEARCH feature at the upper right of the page.

Some suggested key words:
determinations
decisions
timelines

Good luck,
Ron

Unfortunately it is a pain-staking long process with little information sent your way. I'm still in the PEB process (136 days as of today). I would guess that, if found unfit, you will be notified on or around April 10th.

Is there a contact for them we got an letter back in july for recommendations and haven't heard anything yet from Marine corp. Does anyone know who to contact after recommendation?

As of Jan 10, 2020, the PEB showed that it has found me unfit and forwarded my package to the VA for ratings. What should I do now? Is there a way to expedite the process? Is there something I could/should be doing to prepare for my new EAS?

Tjveres,

where did you find that the PEB found you unfit?

and you got that back in 24 days. I should be getting mine back soon.

I’m a week behind you.

My PEBLO emailed me telling me that my case was being forwarded to the VA for proposed ratings. The PEB doesn’t do that unless they find you unfit.

Yeah, well my peblo is never there so I been calling the Gunny and he has told me that it’s at the last MO (medical officer) so idk what that means?

As of Jan 10, 2020, the PEB showed that it has found me unfit and forwarded my package to the VA for ratings. What should I do now? Is there a way to expedite the process? Is there something I could/should be doing to prepare for my new EAS?
Unfortunately there is not much you can do at this point. It will be approximately 30 days for the VA to assign ratings. You will know when they are done because the case on va.gov will show closed. It will also say a letter has been sent with your ratings. This is false as it goes directly, and solely, to your PEBLO. Once the VA has completed their portion, it will be an additional 60 days before you receive your official findings.