PEB ending process question

Delao

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How long does take to finnish "TYPING PHASE"? If my typing phase start at Sept 15th, when I should expect to receive my 199? I will get 50% by DOD as I was told by my PEBLO, what is my benefit such as severence pay,.....?

How long does take to finnish "TYPING PHASE"? If my typing phase start at Sept 15th, when I should expect to receive my 199? I will get 50% by DOD as I was told by my PEBLO, what is my benefit such as severence pay,.....?

If your PEBLO is correct, and you are really awarded 50% from the DoD, then you will get retirement pay - NOT severance pay!

I am assuming you are currently holding your highest rank held to date in military service (no busts or moving around from enlisted to officer ranks), have been active duty these past 36 months, have less than 20 years AD service (or 7200 NG/Reserve points), and signed your first military contract AFTER 08 SEP 1980.

If this be the case, then all you have to do is use the "high 36" retirement calculation to get a good "estimate" of your DoD retirement pay.

1. Add together all last 36 months of Base Pay. You Gross Base Pay only for each of these past 36 months.
2. Divide that total figure by 36.
3. Round down to the nearest whole dollar.
4. This is your 36-month average.

Since your PEBLO said 50%, then you would recieve 50% of that 36-month average.

You didn't mention if you are going to be temporay or permanent retired.
But I assumed permanent retired for your calculation.

KEEP US POSTED as to what really happens when you get your 199.

V/r,
nwlivewire

Looking at his avatar, it looks like knee issues. As Nwlivewire said, 50% is retirement, not severance.

Looking at his avatar, it looks like knee issues. As Nwlivewire said, 50% is retirement, not severance.
Hey buddy,
Just let you know, it wasn't just knee issue. I my MRAP blown up by IED and MRAP door broken and landebd on me. I was in comma for 10 days with 67 bone broken.
If we don't trust and take care each other as wounded soldiers, you think i
Government respect and take care of us.

Sorry bud, I wasn't trying to downplay your injuries. But with bothPDRL and TDRL (permamnent and temporary retirements),more physical ailments are usually PDRL and behavioral health stuff is usually TDRL to be re-evaluated. I was just trying to conjecture as to what list you might be placed on. Other things like TBI should enhance. What were all your ratable and VA approved conditions, if you don't mind me asking? It can give us a better feel for how your case should go.

Sorry bud, I wasn't trying to downplay your injuries. But with bothPDRL and TDRL (permamnent and temporary retirements),more physical ailments are usually PDRL and behavioral health stuff is usually TDRL to be re-evaluated. I was just trying to conjecture as to what list you might be placed on. Other things like TBI should enhance. What were all your ratable and VA approved conditions, if you don't mind me asking? It can give us a better feel for how your case should go.
As today i did not get my official paper work. But i believe the VA doctor wrote grade 3 TBI per DOD . Do you know what is percentage I should expect for my TBI?

according to VASRD, it looks like level 3 TBI was rated at 40%. You only got rated 50% total from DoD? Almost sounds like you got shortchanged. We really would need to have a complete list of all yourn ratable conditions and what you are claiming with the VA to get an understanding of what you should have recieved.

My tbi,ptsd, polytroma ( neck, back, hip,clavical, both leg tibia a.d fi ia broken),(both legtibia fibia with plate rod andscrew, hip withscrow, clavical with plate and screw).

according to VASRD, it looks like level 3 TBI was rated at 40%. You only got rated 50% total from DoD? Almost sounds like you got shortchanged. We really would need to have a complete list of all yourn ratable conditions and what you are claiming with the VA to get an understanding of what you should have recieved.
My tbi,ptsd, polytroma ( neck, back, hip,clavical, both leg tibia a.d fi ia broken),(both legtibia fibia with plate rod andscrew, hip withscrow, clavical with plate and screw

Definitely looks low-balled to me. Have you signed off on that? Still in your timeframe for appeals? Having worked as a squad leader at WTB at Walter Reed, I have seen a lot of times the board will low-ball the figure at first to see which people accept and just want out, and who is willing to fight for their full benefits.

Definitely looks low-balled to me. Have you signed off on that? Still in your timeframe for appeals? Having worked as a squad leader at WTB at Walter Reed, I have seen a lot of times the board will low-ball the figure at first to see which people accept and just want out, and who is willing to fight for their full benefits.
As i said as beginning, i was told by my PEBLO. My 199 still in typing phase.

How long does take appeal process?

I agree, sounds like you might want to consider appeal. Even if they combined certain areas, it still seems like you should be well over 50% just on the bones issues alone, not to mention that PTSD is supposed to be rated at 50% in itself (isn't it?). I would contact an attorney if I were you, you have complex injuries that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life and you need somebody to help you get what you deserve.
An appeal can take several months to complete, but might be well worth the fight for the extra percentage points. What did the VA rate you (hopefully 100%)?

I agree, sounds like you might want to consider appeal. Even if they combined certain areas, it still seems like you should be well over 50% just on the bones issues alone, not to mention that PTSD is supposed to be rated at 50% in itself (isn't it?). I would contact an attorney if I were you, you have complex injuries that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life and you need somebody to help you get what you deserve.
An appeal can take several months to complete, but might be well worth the fight for the extra percentage points. What did the VA rate you (hopefully 100%)?

Dear Delao:

I sure hope your PEBLO "low-balled" that 50%! This simply doesn't make sense in light of your injuries. I would think the VA/DoD ratings will be much higher than this.

Jason, the head moderator on this website is a GREAT lawyer! He took care of me when I went through IDES.

As soon as you get your 199, do NOT sign it immediately as you have several days to look it over before you decide what to do.

If I were you , I'd PM Jason on this website and get lawyered up - at least have Jason review your 199 when you get it.

V/r,
nwlivewire

Outside of all this take a look at TSGLI you may quialify on several injuries. Have someone like AW2, Ombudsman or one of the VSO's help with this. It can be a substantial amout.

Outside of all this take a look at TSGLI you may quialify on several injuries. Have someone like AW2, Ombudsman or one of the VSO's help with this. It can be a substantial amout.
Thanks I got 50000 dollars. after 6 month fighting.