PEB for seizure

Madden89

Registered Member
Hey,
I am trying to get some information because right now I am going through the PEB process. I was referred because I had one seizure where I lost consciousness, I haven't had any more but the nuerologist referred me after the first one. I am currently on keppra 2x a day. What are my chances of being able to receive a FIT approval from all this. My command Non medical assessment requested I receive a FIT reccomendation. I still do PRTs and haven't had to miss work. I am a recruiter so does that help my situation or make it worse, I have so many questions and am honestly kind of lost with the whole process. Any help would be awesome guys.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I'm sorry to hear about your medical condition.

What is your branch of service?
Has the neurologist given any indication of the underlying cause?

Each service has their on retention guidance which can be found in the the resources section of this website. Find your service's guidance and see what it says about seizure or loss of consciousness. Guidance varies based on your military specialty, at least in the USAF.

Madden89

Registered Member
I'm sorry to hear about your medical condition.

What is your branch of service?
Has the neurologist given any indication of the underlying cause?

Each service has their on retention guidance which can be found in the the resources section of this website. Find your service's guidance and see what it says about seizure or loss of consciousness. Guidance varies based on your military specialty, at least in the USAF.

Madden89

Registered Member
He is saying it was localization of epilepsy even though it was one seizure and a cavernoma.

The nuero surgeon said it's not epilepsy because it was a single provoked seizure.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I'd definitely ask for a second opinion. A provoked seizure can be caused by many things: blood sugar, infection, medication, low blood O2..... It is not diagnostic of epilepsy, per se.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">