PEB Ratings

FJSLudwig

New Member
Registered Member
I just received a DOD rating of 10%, and a VA rating of 90%. The condition for the Med Board was left ankle chronic deltoid ligament sprain without laxity, no pronation, and achilles tendon enthesophtye.

I know that I am entitled to the severance with the DOD rating of 10%, and I also know the probability of getting the DOD to raise the percentage of my med boarded condition is slim.

What I am wondering (since I was just diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome) is it worth it to try and fight for a higher DOD percentage or just let the cards fall where they lay?

I feel that when I get rated for my autoimmune, I will probably go to 100%. And from what I'm reading, if you are 100% on the VA side, you are entitled to many of the same benefits as if you were medically retired.

Mainly I am asking because I am worried about insurance for my family when I get out. If I need to lay out all my conditions and how I got to 90% on the VA side, I will, but I don't feel that is needed.

Additionally, are there any special circumstances that 90% gets you? Or is it 100% or nothing
 

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Here's the catch. Your MEB has already happened, you have been rated.

You can request a FPEB and ask that the condition Sjogrens to be added as unfitting, as long as you are still within that window and have not accepted your ratings.

Since the condition did occur while you are on active duty, you can file a claim for it with the VA. Depending on where you are with your 90% combined rating, you may need to be rated 50% or higher to meet the 95% threshold for 100% schedular rating.

Typically Sjogrens only rates out at 10-20%

Now if you are able to get the DoD to find the Sjogrens unfitting at 20%, this combined with the 10% for your ankle would put you past the 30% threshold for medical retirement.
 

edcny

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What I am wondering (since I was just diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome) is it worth it to try and fight for a higher DOD percentage or just let the cards fall where they lay?
If I were you........ I would definitely fight, and I wouldn't feel bad about it. This is your career and your families future we are talking about.
 
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">
Top