PEB received package 1/17 and is currently in QA phase?

Just hoping someone could help me understand where I'm at. When I called, a Sgt. told me that it was currently with QA and should go to the VA in the next week or so. That seems like an incredibly fast turnaround, am I just that lucky? I also thought the QA phase came way later in the process...could he have been mistaken? Thanks for any help

My undrstanding is that it is QA'd first by PEB, then sent to VA to be rated, then sent back to PEB to be QA'd again(Rating alignment is what they referred to it as). At least that is how mine has gone so far. Mine has been rated but is now being QA'd by PEB to make sure rating is correct with Navy ratings.

Thank you for the info - does that mean I was likely found unfit? Or is it possible it could get QA'd even with a fit finding?

To my knowledge if it is being sent to the VA you are unfit. If you were fit and there were no findings the VA wouldn't be rating it all.

Ok so I copied and pasted this from another thread. It made sense to me

Jan 14, 2016

If you are awaiting results from the VA then that tells you right there that you are UNFIT. The VA doesn't even receive your claim until you are found unfit. If you are found fit then your results are sent straight from DC to your PEBLO. Because you are waiting for a claim to be rated, youe not fit for full. After you are found unfit your package is sent to the VA for ratings. After your rating is complete you will have 2 claims listed. 1 claim is under HISTORICAL claims on the e-benefits site. The other claim (THE SAME CLAIMS) is still listed as pending decision approval. If you have 2 claims one is history and the other "PENDING DECISION APPROVAL" that means the VA has COMPLETED the claim and has sent it back to the PEB in DC for what is called Q&A phase. This phase is strictly for quality assurance purposes for the PEB to make sure all of your claims add up to the proper percentage and every I was dotted and T was crossed This phase is not listed so not a lot of people know it adds another 3-6 weeks onto your waiting time. Once it is signed off by the PEB president as OKIE DOKIE good to go, it is immediately forwarded to the CHIEFS board NOT your PEBLO days after receiving to notify you. Once you are notified you go in and see your ratings. If accepted you have 10 days to meet with a lawyer and make sure everything is on the up and up OR appeal it. Then you meet with your PEBLO and the VA in your assigned location for OUTPROCESSING procedures and then you get your DD214 and you say ADIOS MILITARY. Hope this helps some of you :)

My package has had the status of QA- Ready (post VA) for about a month now. VA has already done the ratings. I assume this is the QA done by the PEB? for navy side.

My package was submitted to the PEB on 2/1 and I was found unfit on 3/7. I called the VA today and they already have my paperwork. Your timeline is similar to mine. My VA package is pretty small so it should hopefully go through quick.

Jan 14, 2016

If you are awaiting results from the VA then that tells you right there that you are UNFIT. The VA doesn't even receive your claim until you are found unfit. If you are found fit then your results are sent straight from DC to your PEBLO. Because you are waiting for a claim to be rated, youe not fit for full. After you are found unfit your package is sent to the VA for ratings. After your rating is complete you will have 2 claims listed. 1 claim is under HISTORICAL claims on the e-benefits site. The other claim (THE SAME CLAIMS) is still listed as pending decision approval. If you have 2 claims one is history and the other "PENDING DECISION APPROVAL" that means the VA has COMPLETED the claim and has sent it back to the PEB in DC for what is called Q&A phase. This phase is strictly for quality assurance purposes for the PEB to make sure all of your claims add up to the proper percentage and every I was dotted and T was crossed This phase is not listed so not a lot of people know it adds another 3-6 weeks onto your waiting time. Once it is signed off by the PEB president as OKIE DOKIE good to go, it is immediately forwarded to the CHIEFS board NOT your PEBLO days after receiving to notify you. Once you are notified you go in and see your ratings. If accepted you have 10 days to meet with a lawyer and make sure everything is on the up and up OR appeal it. Then you meet with your PEBLO and the VA in your assigned location for OUTPROCESSING procedures and then you get your DD214 and you say ADIOS MILITARY. Hope this helps some of you :)
I called and reached someone and was told that I’m in the final QA stages and will know next week latest for an update. My question is do you need a QA phase if you’ve been found FIT? Kind of would defeat the purpose of a final QA if it was fit looking at this chart. It skips over the QA phase and I’m guessing goes back for notification and appeal formally. Can you help me out. Just trying not to get excited for my answer ya know and play devils advocate here

Attachments

• 0DE8B439-CA55-4DBA-A8E0-9527DA852A0E.png
    0DE8B439-CA55-4DBA-A8E0-9527DA852A0E.png
    333.1 KB · Views: 66

Jan 14, 2016

I called and reached someone and was told that I’m in the final QA stages and will know next week latest for an update. My question is do you need a QA phase if you’ve been found FIT? Kind of would defeat the purpose of a final QA if it was fit looking at this chart. It skips over the QA phase and I’m guessing goes back for notification and appeal formally. Can you help me out. Just trying not to get excited for my answer ya know and play devils advocate here

@Duke Skylark did you ever find out if QA meant unfit? Mine has been with QA since Jan 10th and I’m wondering if I am fit or unfit? My lawyer said that if it’s QA then I’m unfit because they don’t do QA if you’re fit they only send you back to duty.

So the QA phase is just a QA phase. I was found FIT. I thought the same thing. I was wrong. Call RI VA and if your case is there then that’s your best bet.

Yes all QA is quality assurance just making sure all the t's and I's are dotted and crossed and making sure nothing was missed before the finalize the document.

Yes all QA is quality assurance just making sure all the t's and I's are dotted and crossed and making sure nothing was missed before the finalize the document.
So you’re saying it’s unfit or fit? Or don’t know yet?