PEB started 236 days ago still no Determination

edgerdje

Registered Member
My board started 21 July 2015. It was accepted by the PEB on 4 Nov 2015. It is now 14 Mar 2016 and there has still been no determination. When I initially started this process I was under the impression that it would only take 6 months. It has been 236 days since this process started and it is hard to plan your future when you have no clue when you will be available to work your next job. I have a family of seven and have been in for 16 ½ years. My MOS is not eligible for TERA and I am at my wits end. Should I do an IG complaint? Does it normally take so long? Any advice or insight would be great.

R/S

David

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're still waiting for your ratings but have been found unfit? Or do you not know if you've been found unfit yet?

Sorry you have been waiting so long, unfortunately the IDES timeline is a guide as well as a goal but nothing more than that. I've been in the IDES for almost 2 years and have some time to go before I'm officially finished. Every case is different, all I can say is stay in contact with your PEBLO. I hope you hear your ratings soon.

My board started 21 July 2015. It was accepted by the PEB on 4 Nov 2015. It is now 14 Mar 2016 and there has still been no determination. When I initially started this process I was under the impression that it would only take 6 months. It has been 236 days since this process started and it is hard to plan your future when you have no clue when you will be available to work your next job. I have a family of seven and have been in for 16 ½ years. My MOS is not eligible for TERA and I am at my wits end. Should I do an IG complaint? Does it normally take so long? Any advice or insight would be great.

R/S

David

We have the same timeline. My case was accepted by the PEB on 4 Nov. the only thing that I have been told is that I am QA Ready (Post VA) since 29 Feb. I've been delayed at every phased. What I was told is for me to submit an ICE complaint or contact my congressman. BTW I'm active Marine at Camp Lejeune.

Active Marine as well @ same location.. My MEB started 11 Aug 2015 and went to PEB in 25 NOV.
VA sent back proposed findings to PEB on 13 Feb and now just waiting for notification.
I think you'd be somewhere in the same step.. Did you check the ole Ebenfits web site to see what the status shows?