PEB timeline 2017

Cell16

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Like all of those before me, I am trying to figure out about how long I have left in this hellacious process. So far my process is

2016Sep12: initiated MEB
2017Jan23: QTC appointment complete
2017March20: Package signed and sent to PEB
2017March22: PEB case accepted

And that's as far as I have gotten. My peblo said average times are quick right now. Is there any truth to that? My buddy said once he got to this point he was out of the Corps within a month and a half. Thanks in advance everybody

It took me 5 months from where you are currently in the process. This was over a year ago.

Dang. 5 months is crazy. I was told 2-4 weeks for Unfit/Fit. And 2-3 weeks for for Va, and Then after they kick it back 2 weeks to receive EAS. I have seen on here though that the times last year were super slow.

I wasn't notified of anything until ratings were in 10/100 unfit. I appealed that to 50/100 from FPEB & VARR, which took another 4 months.

I started the process in December 16. The details of my process are listed below in my signature.

Like all of those before me, I am trying to figure out about how long I have left in this hellacious process. So far my process is

2016Sep12: initiated MEB
2017Jan23: QTC appointment complete
2017March20: Package signed and sent to PEB
2017March22: PEB case accepted

And that's as far as I have gotten. My peblo said average times are quick right now. Is there any truth to that? My buddy said once he got to this point he was out of the Corps within a month and a half. Thanks in advance everybody

We have the same timeline with the PEB case accepted. Mine shows in MOL that it was accepted March 22 as well. Let's stay in touch. My eBenefits and Vets.gov also says "Pending decision approval" and "Development Letter Sent"... What about you?

The PEBLO here at Scott AFB reports the turn time for ratings is currently at 8 weeks.

So my timeline on ebenifits changed to June 28th 2017 to October 1st 2017. It use to say January 1 2018 to December 2018. I don't know how reliable this timeline is, but at least something has changed.

So my timeline on ebenifits changed to June 28th 2017 to October 1st 2017. It use to say January 1 2018 to December 2018. I don't know how reliable this timeline is, but at least something has changed.

Ebenefits is pretty much worthless while you're in the process. I would suggest ignoring it. It will only bring you false hope and anxiety. If you don't already have anxiety, that is.

Yea I'm not going to listen to it. Nothing changed on it, called my Peblo and she said I was found unfit on April 10th.... kinda ticks me off because she said she would call me when I was found unfit. She said 4-6 weeks in Virginia with VA and then they send it back to D.C. Anybody have a better timeline than that?

I was found unfit on the 29th of January and my ratings were completed by the VA on the 15th of February. I haven't heard anything from my PEBLO and I called the PEB and they blew me off. Still no 199.

I was found unfit on the 29th of January and my ratings were completed by the VA on the 15th of February. I haven't heard anything from my PEBLO and I called the PEB and they blew me off. Still no 199.

Well that's good that it only took them a couple of weeks for your rating. I've heard of people ratings taking months

Well that's good that it only took them a couple of weeks for your rating. I've heard of people ratings taking months

If you haven't already, sign up on vets.gov. For me, it showed my claim closed two days after the VA completed my proposed ratings. eBenefits was two weeks before anything updated. Vets.gov seems to be a lot more accurate and user friendly.

Has anybody heard anything new? I am still waiting on my rating from Virginia. It's been almost 4 weeks since I was found unfit. Haven't heard a word about anything since then.

My timeline on eben just got updated. Last time it got update was when I was found unfit. Does this mean that they have proposed my ratings maybe? My peblo is really no help. Last time we talked she said they'd call me when my package returned. I'm just trying to get a timeline on when I will leave so I can send my doggo home, and other things.

Its possible that your ratings are back. It also possible someone at the VA moved a part of your file on. I've been told by my VA MSC, that e-benefits is really hit or miss for active duty service people and quite often those early messages aren't for the member but for the next person in the VA processing line.

How do you know the date you were found unfit?

How do you know the date you were found unfit?

My PEBLO called me to let me know that I was found unfit. Also, in the Army we have a PEB tracker on AKO that shows the date that each step is completed.