PEB Timeline for my PTSD

Just wanted to put up a post to throw out my timeline because time is always the biggest question.

December 27, 2017 - Referred to MEB/PEB for Chronic PTSD and Major Depressive Disorder. Case also forwarded to the VA.

January 2, 2018 - VA C and P Exam (Other exams follow over the next couple weeks)

January 18, 2018 - Ebenefits Initial Review Complete

February 9, 2018 - PEB determines me Unfit. Forwards unfit finding the VA for ratings.

February 15, 2018 - Ebenefits changed to "Preparation for Decision".

Not sure on how long before the next step or change happens. My case seems to be moving along fairly quickly but knocking on wood to not jinx it.

Hey nllooney Looks like they are starting my process next week for the same conditions. Any advice or input that you could provide for the process would be appreciated.

Hey nllooney Looks like they are starting my process next week for the same conditions. Any advice or input that you could provide for the process would be appreciated.

For the PEB side, make sure your non medical assessment goes into great detail about how your condition affects your ability to perform your duties and responsibilities. Yes, the PEB considers the referred condition, but they are primarily concerned with what limitations your condition causes you to have. The PEB only makes a determination of fitness for duty. i.e. Fit for Full, Fit to Continue, and Unfit. Your ratings come from the VA. Even the supposed DOD rating, is the VA rating. The reason why they are different ratings is because the VA rates all of your conditions. From those ratings, the PEB picks out only the individual rating(s) of the condition(s) that you were referred to the PEB for.

As example, you are referred to the PEB for condition B and you put on your claim to the VA that you have conditions A, C, and D as well. So the VA is going to review and assign a rating for each condition such as A is 50, B is 40, C is 20, and D is 10. This example would give you a combine rating of 80% (If I did the math right). But because you were only referred to the PEB for condition B, the individual rating for that condition and that condition alone becomes your DoD Rating. So you want to make sure that anything and everything to support your referred condition is included in your package to the PEB. If you're referred for PTSD, the PEB won't even look at your lower back pain or any other issues.

You also want to make sure the Disability Attorneys take a look at your Non Medical Assessment before it's routed to your CO, and your whole package before it's sent to DC. Make sure you attend any and all appointments related to your PEB. And the number one thing is don't be lazy. Stay on top of paperwork and annoy the hell out of that PEBLO. And last thing is to be completely honest. Don't hide anything from the VA and your doctors. Tell them everything. If you can do all that, things should turn out how you want them too or at least be heading in the same general direction. Good luck.

R/
Nick

I'm on my second PEB for the same conditions. Seeing you found UNFIT gives me hope.

Check E Benies again, mine did the same thing but opened a new Clam.

Morning all,

Check Ebenefits this morning, an the claim status changed to "Pending Decision Approval". Called the VA help line and they told me that my ratings for my claim were done and the ratings were sent to the PEB. So hopefully next week, they call me with my findings.

Mine hit pending notification yeaster day, and went historical today.

I checked my disabilities in e-bennies. Listed every thing I had claimed out with percentage. I also called the MSC. He verified 100%P&T. The two unfitting conditions are rated at 50% and 20% with the two related conditions being 20% and 10%. So estimating 70% DOD

RaiderX,

How long did it take to go from Pending Decision Approval to the Preparation for Notification?

So got an update to add to the bottom of my timeline...

December 27, 2017 - Referred to MEB/PEB for Chronic PTSD and Major Depressive Disorder. Case also forwarded to the VA.

January 2, 2018 - VA C and P Exam (Other exams follow over the next couple weeks)

January 18, 2018 - Ebenefits Initial Review Complete

February 9, 2018 - PEB determines me Unfit. Forwards unfit finding the VA for ratings.

February 15, 2018 - Ebenefits changed to "Preparation for Decision".

March 2, 2018 - Ebenefits changed to "Pending Decision Approval".

March 5, 2018 - Ebenefits claim went Complete under Historical and New Claim opened under "Pending Decision Approval".

With this change, I'm assuming the Decision Letter they mailed to me and the PEB today is for the completed claim and the new claim is awaiting a copy of my DD-214. Hopefully the PEB doesn't take to much time to do their QA and finalize my findings.

Pending Decision Approval means you claim is with the SR rater. Once he approves it, it will move to Pending Notification and sent back to the PEB and yourself.

According to the time line its 15 days for the QA portion and 45 days for transition. Hopefully it dose not take that long. I swear getting to the MEB/PEB was harder then going threw it.

Got my DA 199 today, Just waiting on orders at this point.

Received the Award letter from the VA today with a total rating of 90%. PTSD received a rating of 50%. My package has been back with the PEB since March 6th in the QA phase. Just waiting on them to finish it up and send it back. Hopefully I'll be signing off on my findings here soon.

My package just hit the PDA yesterday I know there is movement. This waiting on orders is worse then waiting on the VA.

Received the Award letter from the VA today with a total rating of 90%. PTSD received a rating of 50%. My package has been back with the PEB since March 6th in the QA phase. Just waiting on them to finish it up and send it back. Hopefully I'll be signing off on my findings here soon.

How did you receive your reward letter? The eBenefits site says my letter was sent on Feb 5th but I only got a package to add a claim to it. I'm just curious to see the proposed findings.

My package has been with the Post PEB since 2/12/18. Waiting anxiously to hear something! Lol. I'm jealous that I see people with a faster timeline than me.

How did you receive your reward letter? The eBenefits site says my letter was sent on Feb 5th but I only got a package to add a claim to it. I'm just curious to see the proposed findings.

My package has been with the Post PEB since 2/12/18. Waiting anxiously to hear something! Lol. I'm jealous that I see people with a faster timeline than me.

I meant award letter. :)

ca_styln

If your ebenefits says that the "Decision Notification" was sent and you haven't received it, call the VA help desk and let them know that you didn't get it. If you have access to a fax machine or you can sign up online for a free fax number through various sites for a fax number, they will fax the award letter to you. That's what I had to do. They will stay on the phone with you to verify that you had received the fax.

ca_styln

If your ebenefits says that the "Decision Notification" was sent and you haven't received it, call the VA help desk and let them know that you didn't get it. If you have access to a fax machine or you can sign up online for a free fax number through various sites for a fax number, they will fax the award letter to you. That's what I had to do. They will stay on the phone with you to verify that you had received the fax.
Hey brother what branch are you?

Navy. Out on the west coast in San Diego
Ok I was just asking because I'm going up for Neuro MTBI and 3 other things from Neuro because of the TBI and also PTSD I just started last Monday and I was getting nervous because I heard some bad story's of people with PTSD getting found FIT. I am also Navy.