PEB Timeline Okinawa

JimmyGBuckets21

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good Afternoon All,

It seems there's a lot of good information regarding stateside timelines, but wanted to see if there's anyone out there who's recently experienced the timelines out in Okinawa. I had my left knee operated on twice prior to the Marine Corps and was cleared to join and haven't had any problems since. About a year and a half ago I started having similar symptoms on my right knee. I was told the type of surgery I received that fixed the problem on my left isn't offered in the military for whatever reason. Below is my current timeline:

Oct 24th, 2016 1st Period LIMDU
Apr 20th, 2017 Follow up with provider PEB initiated
May 31st, 2017 PEB sent stateside

I was told by the PEBLO here at Camp Foster Naval Hospital it would take 21-30 days to hear back if my PEB is warranted or not. Now being July 14th, clearly that timeline hasn't been met. Is there anything I can do to figure out why it's taking so long, or has anyone experienced this same waiting period? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Good Afternoon All,

It seems there's a lot of good information regarding stateside timelines, but wanted to see if there's anyone out there who's recently experienced the timelines out in Okinawa. I had my left knee operated on twice prior to the Marine Corps and was cleared to join and haven't had any problems since. About a year and a half ago I started having similar symptoms on my right knee. I was told the type of surgery I received that fixed the problem on my left isn't offered in the military for whatever reason. Below is my current timeline:

Oct 24th, 2016 1st Period LIMDU
Apr 20th, 2017 Follow up with provider PEB initiated
May 31st, 2017 PEB sent stateside

I was told by the PEBLO here at Camp Foster Naval Hospital it would take 21-30 days to hear back if my PEB is warranted or not. Now being July 14th, clearly that timeline hasn't been met. Is there anything I can do to figure out why it's taking so long, or has anyone experienced this same waiting period? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

If I were you I would just start bugging your PEBLO. I email mine every Wednesday, just so he has no way to forget about me, and I still get updates from him days after the actual event occurred. Like he told me I was found unfit a week after I was actually found unfit. You would have likely already heard back if you were found fit for duty though.

If I were you I would just start bugging your PEBLO. I email mine every Wednesday, just so he has no way to forget about me, and I still get updates from him days after the actual event occurred. Like he told me I was found unfit a week after I was actually found unfit. You would have likely already heard back if you were found fit for duty though.
Thanks for your help! I was thinking about emailing him today actually. I just don't want to get on his bad side. He's been very helpful thus far and I want to keep that good relationship.

I emailed him and received the same response I have been receiving for the past few weeks. "I will notify you immediately when we know the results. We do not control the turnaround time." Very frustrating.

I still bug mine, just did it today. What does your ebenfits say is going on with your package, not that it is a trustworthy site, but it appears to work for some folks.

Where on ebenefits would I be able to see this? The site wasn't working for me at all yesterday.

PEB results came back warranted. Should be receiving orders within the next 90 days!