PEB to VA

Baylenkm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I spoke to my PEBLO yesterday and was told that I was found unfit and my package was sent off to the VA for ratings. I asked if he knew which conditions they found me unfit for and he couldn't tell me/did not know. Is this correct and should my package have been sent to the VA before I had a chance to look over it?

MissKac

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My unfit determination had a preliminary memo sent to my PEBLO from the PEB so you might ask for that. Typically, your unfitting conditions are going to be the same as whatever "did not meet retention standards" on your NARSUM. And no, your opportunity to look over it would have been the 5 days you were given to review your NARSUM/packet before signing and submitting it to the PEB.

scoutCC

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The NARSUM is your chance to review your packet. Did the NARSUM not include a copy of the C&P reports?

Baylenkm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My unfit determination had a preliminary memo sent to my PEBLO from the PEB so you might ask for that. Typically, your unfitting conditions are going to be the same as whatever "did not meet retention standards" on your NARSUM. And no, your opportunity to look over it would have been the 5 days you were given to review your NARSUM/packet before signing and submitting it to the PEB.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. I just wasn't sure if you had a chance to review anything other than the NARSUM (which I was fine with) before it went to the VA for a rating. So will everything they found me unfit for on my NARSUM be rated?

scoutCC

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Everything on the NARSUM will be rated regardless of fit determination. VA will return their proposed ratings for all claimed conditions.

Its a technicality, but can be important, NARSUM doesn't find fitness, it finds what meets medical retention standards.

Baylenkm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks scout, that cleared it up. Any idea on a timeframe when I should here back about the ratings? I was told 8-12 weeks.

scoutCC

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Its very tough to say, the VA rating is the biggest wild card. With mine, they sent the packet to the VA once the NARSUM was signed off on, so it was done before the PEB was done with the fit/unit. I would hazard a guess at 4 months, +/- 2 months, being typical. It was right around 4 months from NARSUM signature to getting the ratings back for me.

MissKac

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I got unofficial ratings over the phone from my PEBLO 15 days after my packet went from the PEB to the VA. Still waiting on my 199 though.

jkwalker86

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My VA ratings were finished and sent to the PEB on 27 FEB, but still have not received a 199. My PEBLO told me my preliminary VA ratings were 90%, but she didn't know the breakdown. At first she told me it should take 1 - 2 weeks for me to get my 199 from the PEB, but we are now going on 3 weeks. The waiting game is killing me.

jkwalker86

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
jeeeeeeez. ha. congrats. hopefully mine will be in this week.

Baylenkm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Still waiting.... Checked Ebenies and its says gathering evidence.

C Walk

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Mine went back to Review for Evidence today. I called the VA and they told me that my ratings were sent to the PEB. I'm waiting on my PEBLO to call me to get my ratings.

jkwalker86

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
VA sent mine back to the PEB 3 weeks ago tomorrow (San Antonio, TX PEB). No word. Hope yours moves faster than mine.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">