Peb

Justusbailey2020

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I sent off my package to the peb July 1 2021. Can anybody give me a time I should look to be out the navy if I’m found unfit

Mine was submitted in April and I still haven't heard back. With the epidemic and several other factors going on, timelines have been constantly changing.

Do you know how the peb determines if you are fit or not? My lawyer told me it’s by your rate. So I have a fish allergy so wouldn’t it make me unfit since I’m a cook? This whole the just confuses me and is stressful

Do you know how the peb determines if you are fit or not? My lawyer told me it’s by your rate. So I have a fish allergy so wouldn’t it make me unfit since I’m a cook? This whole the just confuses me and is stressful
Wouldn't they just move you to a different section doing something else?

From what I understand it is a balance of many things. But if you look at the IDES instructions, they give you the general criteria that they are evaluating for. They could try to re-rate if an applicable rate is open.

I sent off my package to the peb July 1 2021. Can anybody give me a time I should look to be out the navy if I’m found unfit
Currently looking at 4-6 months in the PEB phase, then 45-90 days after findings for separation if found unfit. Welcome to the shit show!

From what I’ve been told the PEB can’t cross rate you the only thing they can do is say hey you are good to get back to do your job or you are unfit they told me if I wanted to cross rate I should’ve did that with my command before I was put on limited duty but yeah I’ve been told that the peb can’t cross rate anyone

So basically if i am found fit I’m going back to be a cook even though I have a fish allergy because the peb can’t cross rate anyone

Seriously, find the instructions and read them. There are not many experts on this matter. There are options for keeping you in and making you permanent LIMDU, or even allowing you to finish your contract.

A few years ago, a buddy of mine was offered to go FTS as a YN who started off as a EMN who was medboarded for degenerative back issues.

So there are multiple things they can do and no absolutes until everything is signed.

One of the best avenues you have to advocate for yourself is to read and be familiar with the instructions.

So basically if i am found fit I’m going back to be a cook even though I have a fish allergy because the peb can’t cross rate anyone
The board measurement is in basic terms a reasonable ability to perform your job. A seafood allergy would in my opinion severely hamper your ability to do your job, but I'm not a doctor. It also depends on what your command non medical assessment says as well. There are non food CS positions, so would they move you to a non food touching position? Idk that's for them to figure you.

I just want to get out. I have one njp on my record horrible mental health problem where I had to be issued to a hospital and attend programs. So hopefully they look at that and be like yeah he needs to get out. This seafood allergy on top of that.

I just want to get out. I have one njp on my record horrible mental health problem where I had to be issued to a hospital and attend programs. So hopefully they look at that and be like yeah he needs to get out. This seafood allergy on top of that.
They'll go over it with you. You can voice on you non medical assessment as to what your wishes are. I've had an NJP and been taken out twice and hospitalized twice. So I understand your pain.

i doubt they've been on medboard for two years. Theyve probably been limdu for 2 years starting the process and what not. I think it was 2020 or 2021 that did away with the mandatory limdu periods before being entered into the ides system.

All you can really do is just wait and see what happens and just take it from there. It’s just nerve racking not knowing what’s going to happen. Like I be wondering do they actually sit down with every case be like hmm so would keep them in or not and talk about it.