Pending Decision Approval

JosephWC

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm just trying to bump the original question. Can someone, maybe a staff member, give a definite answer for us? Does reaching a claim status of 'Pending Decision Approval' on ebenefits mean that you were found UNFIT? There are easily 25 threads here containing this question, none that I have found with an exact answer. Some members of the forum are stating that it must be true because ebennies wouldn't change if you were found fit while others are stating that the claim status changes are not an adequate representation of a FIT/UNFIT decision. Does anyone have any proven examples of individuals that experienced witnessing a 'Pending Decision Approval' claim status and were later found fit?

I apologize for repeating a question that I have seen asked multiple times, on multiple different sites, but I have not been able to find a definite answer from a reliable source.

I'll reply to you the way someone replied to me. There is no definite until you sign the paperwork for your findings.

From my experience when I called I was confirmed UNFIT by the VA MSC and the PEB office in D.C. I was also informed that the VA rating office would not see your package unless the PEB determines at least one unfitting condition.

Hey Yyzforu,

Thanks for the response. From what I've gathered from your experience along with a few others in the forums, it seems like the decision of FIT/UNFIT comes prior to the VA getting the package and having a chance to change the claim status. I noted that a lot of members had been informed of a UNFIT decision prior to seeing any change in their claim status, where as I have yet to here from my PEBLO even though I have obviously reached a Pending Decision Approval claim status. I know that different PEBLOs can be spotty with their communication, so maybe mine just hasn't reached out to me yet about the UNFIT decision. I avoid calling him at all costs so I don't bother someone that is already insanely busy day to day.

Hey Yyzforu,

Thanks for the response. From what I've gathered from your experience along with a few others in the forums, it seems like the decision of FIT/UNFIT comes prior to the VA getting the package and having a chance to change the claim status. I noted that a lot of members had been informed of a UNFIT decision prior to seeing any change in their claim status, where as I have yet to here from my PEBLO even though I have obviously reached a Pending Decision Approval claim status. I know that different PEBLOs can be spotty with their communication, so maybe mine just hasn't reached out to me yet about the UNFIT decision. I avoid calling him at all costs so I don't bother someone that is already insanely busy day to day.

Absolutely understand, at no point has my Peblo contacted me. I contacted the PEB board in DC to ask about package status and once they told me it was with the VA I called my MSC. What branch of service are you?

Absolutely understand, at no point has my Peblo contacted me. I contacted the PEB board in DC to ask about package status and once they told me it was with the VA I called my MSC. What branch of service are you?

I'm Active Duty Navy