Pensacola MEB Timeline 8 DAYS!!!!

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
It did not even take 10 days for me post surgery to be recommended for a MEB. On my initial treatment plan with my surgeon, he typed P3 will be given, initiate MEB. I went on con leave and when I returned I was sent to the WTU.
Indeed, as such, I should of had the same or similar process for WTU entrance albeit it never transpired unfortunately.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

gabereddog

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Are you authorized to take leave while going through the IDES program? I would imagin you would but probably for holidays only, ie; Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years, seeing that the VA would be closed any ways. Any one know?

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Are you authorized to take leave while going through the IDES program? I would imagin you would but probably for holidays only, ie; Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years, seeing that the VA would be closed any ways. Any one know?
Indeed, you are authorized to take military leave while in the DoD IDES process; in fact it's was highly suggested as advised by the military RSO to potentially avoid the loss of military leave (above the 90-day maximum threshold) upon their receipt of the TRANSPOC-III message from HQ USAPDA from an U.S. Army perspective.

Most importantly, please ensure to coordinate with your assigned PEBLO for the optimum duration to request military leave albeit normally while in the MEB phase military leave is not usually authorized; case by case based exceptions may obtain approval.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

gabereddog

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wonderful! Thank you for your help. I'll end up taking about 30 days before I even transfer.
One more question: I'm coming from Japan, so they cut me orders back state side to the location in which I choose (some times not, but more often than not), but do you know if they cut me 6 months orders or 1 year orders? Its pretty hard to find a lease on a house or an apartment with only 6 month orders. Any help would be nice...or even a comment.

gabereddog

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It's confusing to say the least. The biggest pain is not being able to plan anything more than two weeks out at a time. Even though we are given these timelines, they are just guesstimates at best.

I am being med boarded through IDES. The smartest thing I did was signed up for safe harbor. They are coming toon estivate procedure issues at the hospital hear. The rep I've been talking to has four other cases hear, we are all having the same/similar problems. I don't know who these other cases are but I might get a chance to meet them soon.
That safe harbor sounds like a great oganization. Let us know what happens with that....hopefully when I get to Bremerton I wont run into many issues. I still have'nt heard from ANY one who has gone through IDES in Bremerton, WA. I'm wondering if they will even send me there at all.....?

When they sent you to Pensicola, where were you stationed before? and how long are your oders for? 6 months? 1 year?

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Wonderful! Thank you for your help. I'll end up taking about 30 days before I even transfer.
One more question: I'm coming from Japan, so they cut me orders back state side to the location in which I choose (some times not, but more often than not), but do you know if they cut me 6 months orders or 1 year orders? Its pretty hard to find a lease on a house or an apartment with only 6 month orders. Any help would be nice...or even a comment.
Indeed, you are welcome! :)

Hmm, that's an interesting question for sure! Are you able to contact your personnel section to obtain a pin-pointed response? In addition, you may consider contacting JAG / Legal Office for official legal advice too?

From an U.S. Army perspective, I am not aware of a military service member on an OCONUS tour to receive Permanent Change of Station (PCS) military orders of less than one year to any CONUS location and if so (and it's not an ETS) then usually a time in service extension is signed; just my from historical military experience!

Best Wishes!

gabereddog

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Indeed, you are welcome! :)

Hmm, that's an interesting question for sure! Are you able to contact your personnel section to obtain a pin-pointed response? In addition, you may consider contacting JAG / Legal Office for official legal advice too?

From an U.S. Army perspective, I am not aware of a military service member on an OCONUS tour to receive Permanent Change of Station (PCS) military orders of less than one year to any CONUS location and if so (and it's not an ETS) then usually a time in service extension is signed; just my from historical military experience!

Best Wishes!
yeah, thats a good idea. I'll just ask PSD if they know anything about it. 6 month orders doesnt sound right....the average for IDES is about 295 days for active duty navy these days anways. My guess is it will most likely be for a year. Thanks again!

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
yeah, thats a good idea. I'll just ask PSD if they know anything about it. 6 month orders doesnt sound right....the average for IDES is about 295 days for active duty navy these days anways. My guess is it will most likely be for a year. Thanks again!
All right, good deal; you are welcome! :)

Best Wishes!

GlennGain

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
That safe harbor sounds like a great oganization. Let us know what happens with that....hopefully when I get to Bremerton I wont run into many issues. I still have'nt heard from ANY one who has gone through IDES in Bremerton, WA. I'm wondering if they will even send me there at all.....?

When they sent you to Pensicola, where were you stationed before? and how long are your oders for? 6 months? 1 year?
I highly recommend anyone sign up for Wounded Warrior Safe Harbor and/or the Wounded Warrior Project. There is a mountain of resources through both of these organizations and it doesn't cost you anything. I just had a personnal meeting with my Safe Harbor Contact stationed at the VA hospital in Point Loma and my Safe Harbor Case Manager who works out of San Diego. They have a plan of action for my case and have been looking into the problems where I am here in Lemoore, Ca. They also have the resources and are going to do what they can to assist in me staying in for my 20 years so I can collect concurrent retirement and disability.

Unfortunately I have never been to Pensacola or Bremerton Washington. Since I'm and Acraft Stuctural Mechanic that has only been traing in F/A-18 A-F, my only options are Lemoore, Ca and Oceana, Va. I wish I could be more helpful in this. My opinion is that you go to the Safe Harbor website and sign up. The worse thing they can say is no, and that is not very likely.

gabereddog

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I highly recommend anyone sign up for Wounded Warrior Safe Harbor and/or the Wounded Warrior Project. There is a mountain of resources through both of these organizations and it doesn't cost you anything. I just had a personnal meeting with my Safe Harbor Contact stationed at the VA hospital in Point Loma and my Safe Harbor Case Manager who works out of San Diego. They have a plan of action for my case and have been looking into the problems where I am here in Lemoore, Ca. They also have the resources and are going to do what they can to assist in me staying in for my 20 years so I can collect concurrent retirement and disability.

Unfortunately I have never been to Pensacola or Bremerton Washington. Since I'm and Acraft Stuctural Mechanic that has only been traing in F/A-18 A-F, my only options are Lemoore, Ca and Oceana, Va. I wish I could be more helpful in this. My opinion is that you go to the Safe Harbor website and sign up. The worse thing they can say is no, and that is not very likely.
Will do! I'm glad that there is help out there. Even though this process is really long and often very messy, I'm glad that there is people or oginizations willing to help out. Good luck and thanks for the update as always. As for me, my Doc finished writing up her summary on me and is subbmitting it to the LIMDU office this afternoon. I'll keep everyone posted on my IDES process.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">