Perm Profile 3 w/Y code?

Soldiernurse

PEB Forum Regular Member
During 15 mo deployment (MAR 07 - JUN 08) left shoulder pain & decreased ROM. It became a dance to don my IBA. Redeployed & back to FT Lewis. As part of PDHA, c/o L shoulder pain. MRI confirms L RTC tear...

Left Shoulder (nondominate) recurrent RTC tear; 1st repair JUL 08, < 3 weeks Post-op surgical site infection leads to a complete RTC redo repair AUG 08 (both @ MAMC), then another tear with subsequent RTC repair (& bicep reattachment) DEC 09 (@BAMC)

However, AUG 10 MRI shows new RTC tear w/Humeral Head Cartilage damage. Cannot lift above shoulder, < 90' FROM, < 45' rotation, pain w/activity, blah, blah, blah. OrthoMD advised against a 4th surgery. SEP 2010 Perm 3 w/MEB referral. Completed MEB process, and this past week PEBLO sends MEB packet to PEB. As a 66H8A (CC RN) CPT (O3E) w/12 yrs AC & 3 yrs RC my preference is 'Fit for Duty' within limitations stated in Permanent 3 Profile submitted with MEB packet. I've adapted to what I can & cannot do with my L shoulder, as well as compensate using right dominate hand.

Question; Any active duty Soldiers out there with Perm 3 w/Y code Profile?

UPDATE...

Found out today the PEB has found me Fit For Duty within the limitations of my P3 Profile. This is great news! I have 15 years (12 yrs AD) time in service and want to complete 20 yrs active duty for military retirement.

Next, the PDA signs off (concurs w/PEB) & my MedPros will be red d/t P3 (U) Profile, with Y code.

Cary,

CONGRATULATIONS! Best of luck in your continued Service. I know you will, remember to take care of the Soldiers in your charge! Feel free to post from time to time with how you are doing.

Thanks Jason! I will definitely post up whether or not the PDA (final approving authority) approves the PEB's decision, and hopefully approves without any changes.