Personal Statement Impact Question

scotty0699

Registered Member
How much does the personal statement weigh into the decision making process for the board? If you ask to be unfit, does that seal the findings?

I originally had my NMA stating that I desired to remain on active duty, but since my conditions have worsened, I submitted a personal statement requesting to be found unfit and to disregard the NMA.

jahlon

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This is just my $0.02 opinion, but I think the only time a personal statement would carry weight is if it was a condition that you could successfully remain on active duty with.

If it is a coin toss and you say you want to stay on active duty, then it might have weight.

concernedwife

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
i know that this is an old post - but i just wanted to say that while i am unsure that my husband's personal statement had any impact - his lawyer [for the FPEB] called him just to tell him that my statement about what i see [outside of work] was incredibly telling. he wound up reading the statement to the board during my husband's FPEB last week, i am assuming to make sure they hear the side of things that maybe his command does not see when he is still trying to be an outstanding sailor [albeit having statements from all his co-workers as well]. i hope every thing has wound up turning out positive for you. many prayers!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">