Timeline - Peterson AFB
Jun-1 MEB Referral
Aug-8 NARSUM Start
Sep-6 NARSUM Submitted to DAWG
Oct-11 DAWG approved full MEB
Oct-19 DAWG approved code 37 - IRILO Begins
Oct-23 Code 37 Active
Oct-31 CC letter returned to CC for fixes
Nov-1 Called AFPC for update(they aren’t allowed to, contact PEBLO)
Nov-2 PEBLO waiting on CC letter to send MEB package to AFPC
Nov-13 Signed my CC letter and sent it to first shirt (letter states DO NOT RETAIN)
Nov-29 MEB package sent to AFPC
Dec-5 AFPC approved full MEB
Dec-6 Met with PEBLO scheduled VA rep meeting
Dec-7 Submitted disability claim with VA rep
Dec-20 General C&P Exam
Jan-2 Hearing C&P Exam
Jan-3 Mental C&P Exam
Jan-9 Dental C&P Exam
Jan-10 Neurology C&P Exam
Jan-11 PEBLO received Exam paperwork and routed paperwork to providers
Jan-11 Mental Health & PCM signed C&P Paperwork
Jan-17 Received MEB paperwork including C&P Exams; 5 day review
Jan-18 Unofficial ratings 70%dod/80%va from looking at my C&P Exams and criteria required for certain ratings.
Jan-22 Signed C&P/MEB paperwork with PEBLO
Jan-22 MEB paperwork sent out

Last edited:
Jan-25 Received email from Mypers stating MEB package was received and is currently being reviewed
Stated that it may take 6-8 weeks until I get my ratings? or maybe state unfit or fit, I'm unsure.
Also my peblo didn't contact me within 24 hours of this receipt as stated below.

"The Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) at your base Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) sent your Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) package to the Air Force Personnel Center Physical Disability Operations Branch. The Physical Disability Operations team is reviewing your package to ensure the documentation is current and complete. Incomplete MEB packages are returned to your base PEBLO for correction as it is vital the information is accurate and current in order for the Physical Evaluation Board to make a determination. Once it is verified your package is complete, Physical Disability Operations will transfer your completed package into a Disability Evaluation System (DES) case file for review by the Physical Evaluation Board. The IPEB is an administrative board charged to determine whether wounded, ill or injured Airmen are fit for continued military service. The purpose of the AF Disability Program is to maintain a fit and vital force. To that end, the IPEB gives careful consideration to each disability case to ensure Airmen receive the benefit of a full and fair adjudication in accordance with established disability related statutory, policy and programmatic guidelines. You should expect this process to take up to 6-8 weeks for a final IPEB decision to be rendered. Your PEBLO will contact you within 24 hours of receipt of the email notification."

My packet just went to AFPC on 1 Feb. I believe the "Your PEBLO will contact you within 24 hours of receipt of the email notification." is referring to your results (%) coming back. Hopefully we will both know early March!

I believe whats next is
AFPC decides unfit/fit (6-8 weeks?)
AFPC sents package to VA for ratings (1-3 weeks? from looking at other peoples timelines)
PEBLO tells you ratings and plan final out date (1-2 weeks)
All outprocessing including orders (4 weeks)

So 14 weeks = May? finished outprocessing and waiting until final out

But that's being optimistic hopefully sooner but probably later.

I'll let you know when my e-benifits claim status changes. That seems to be the best indication that you are found unfit and the VA is assigning ratings.

So checked ebenefits it changed back to gathering of evidence.. Finish date Oct 2018 - April 2019. i dont get it.... I didnt appeal anything and I gotta start over? This sucks. Been over 8 months since I started my MEB. I dont believe ebenefits is true. It was at preparing decision approval but went back down. My peblo hasnt talked to me yet and im getting worried.

Checked vets.gov and saw that the review and ratings is finished as of feb 6. States please allow 7 to 10 business days to get my paperwork in the mail. Its been 11days still no paperwork. Now im excited and worried.

Apparently they do not mail anything for MEBs. It sounds like you can call and they will fax you the results after 10 days.

Typically the letter is mail to the PEBLO. I never got anything like results from the VA, until after the PEBLO had shown me the VA "proposed ratings."

Yep just got the call today from my peblo saying he has all the paperwork, but i missed the call so I gotta wait until tomorrow :(

Good luck. Hopefully you are getting the outcome you want.

Got my ratings 70% Dod PERM!!!(mental health) / 80% (84.3%) VA

Got my ratings 70% Dod PERM!!!(mental health) / 80% (84.3%) VA
Indeed, congratulations on the receipt of your IPEB findings with a DoD military PDRL adjudication! :D Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Thanks! I was told currently on peterson that perm retirement for mental health is what they are aiming for now. No stress on reevals. I only have to do reevualations for the other things not my mental health.