Physical Disability Board of Review Update

MilHealth,

Thanks for posting that. I assume you are affiliated with the health.mil website? If so, that is great, we always welcome those involved with the PDES system here. It is a two way street, hopefully, you can see (and pass along to those in power) the continuing problems, and can share any insight you have from your persepective.

Welcome and look forward to your contributions here!

News on health.mil as posted by whoever it is responds to posts says the form is now delayed to January 2009. Thanks for taking care of us DOD.

I still can't fnd any MILHealth posting about a delay until January.

Mike

MHS - Medical Enlisted Community - Publications

MHS Webmaster at 2008-12-10 10:29:45 wrote:

Originally Posted By D. Antonio on 2008-12-09 16:44:05 :
I'm looking for the new DD Form 294. Has there been any updates on the release of this form?
Mr. Antonio,

Publication of DD 294 has been delayed. More information will be prominently displayed on this Web site Welcome to the Military Health System Website. I would look for the publication of this form in January, 2009.

WHAT TOTAL BS

I apologize to all who read my previous, very angry, posting. Like many of you, I'm tired and frustrated. Between the VA and the DoD it just seems like a system that is invented to duck, dodge, delay, and deny. I don't want anyone to "pay" or "die", I just want what we all want, a system that treats us fairly. I have deleted that ridiculously angry post from the forum. I wish you all the very best and I'm sorry if my words hurt or disturbed anyone.

Orion,

It's okay....you have every right to be upset and your post is understandable. I know I've had angry moments too....please don't feel alone!

No apology is needed, but thanks for taking the time to explain your frustration. Together we can keep up a good fight. Just hang in there.

I apologize to all who read my previous, very angry, posting. Like many of you, I'm tired and frustrated. Between the VA and the DoD it just seems like a system that is invented to duck, dodge, delay, and deny. I don't want anyone to "pay" or "die", I just want what we all want, a system that treats us fairly. I have deleted that ridiculously angry post from the forum. I wish you all the very best and I'm sorry if my words hurt or disturbed anyone.

Orion,

Well, it is certainly understandable the frustration. That is because there are still many deficiencies in this disability evaluation system. This site is a good place for support and to find those going through many of the same things you may be facing. I thank you for the retraction and reiterate that it is good to have you as part of this community.

I will post any updates on the PDBR as soon as they are published.

MilHealth,

Thank you for the update!

PEB to MMRB! Is it possible?

Hello everyone! I look forward to blogging here and getting to know the members. I am a PEBLO at BJACH at Fort Polk. I love to help SM and I research the army reg's daily.

I have two questions for Jason. I have read AR 600-60 and I understand the criteria for a soldier who is Found Fit for Duty (FFD) by the PEB. Can that SM WTB cmdr or non WTB cmdr request SM appear before MMRB? I have seen numerous cases where SM was able to go thru MMRB after being found FFD by PEB. Second question is who is responsible for handling TDRL's? We have TDRL clerks but they are placing the responsibilty on the PEBLOs. Are TDRLs part of the 1:24 ratio that MEDCOM direct? Or is it 1:30 ratio?

I know I am not Jason...but I wanted to welcome you here and say thanks for joining.

Not sure if it helps much, but my husband is going through the TDRL eval. He doesn't have a PEBLO counselor...just a clerk. That confused the heck out of me that they'd do that. To the best of my knowledge, there is no PEBLO overseeing his case.

Additionally, I am not sure of the regs, but when he had his MEB done they said he was not FFD. He could have submitted a COAD (continuation of active duty) form but chose to take his retirement. I am not sure how it works otherwise.

All, thank you for your patience. The PDBR application is now available online. All the information is here:
http://www.health.mil/Pages/Page.aspx?ID=19.

Is anyone doing this on their own? Has anyone sought the help of a veterans sevice organization yet or do they intend to? Im in the Tacoma area I was going to just fill out the form on my own but to expedite but I think it may be best to get some help from a organization first it may take longer but with patience the outcome may be better.
Gary

I don't believe veterans service organizations have any expertise in the DOD/PDB arena. They deal with Veterans Administration claims and then only after you give them power of attorney to represent you. Perhaps a JAG office could help.
fdm

For Jason,

Instructions (see 7) for this form state that the military will not provide consul and further instructs the filer to contact the VA for organizations that can be consul. This seems confusing at best and do you think the VA or any of the affiliated VSOs will roger up here?

strykerpro,

I found this link to Disabled American Veterans who say the represent service members before various boards. See claims assistance. So I stand corrected.

www.dav.org

fdm