Physical evaluation board-PTSD and MDD

bman21

PEB Forum Regular Member
I had my first meeting with my peblo today. My psychiatrist referred me to the peb today and I was wondering how long until I'm out of the service. Please, someone give me a realistic idea. Best and worse case scenario!

Thank you
Brian

Not a whole lot of info to go on, branch of service, other unfit conditions, etc. but the common timeline seems to be 10+months without appeals.

USMC, 3 years, PTSD MDD and mild tbi.. I have heard that they are trying to speed up the process. 10 months sounds horrible..

could be quicker, but you have 50,000 iraq/afghan vets returning in the next year and 40k Vietnam vets still in the system since the agent orange presumptives changed last year. and since the new IDES system goes through the same VA as all of them, (and this is in my opinion only others may agree/disagree and I am no expert by any means as i am still at the start myself) its gonna get a lot slower. Now with PTSD/MDD your gonna have an intial rating and placed on TDRL anyway and be re-evaluated every 6 mos until "stable". So its almost best to be getting full pay and benefits and time in service while you wait for it to "stabilize" anyway.

As long as you are active duty, you will receive better care than you will through va/private channels and you wont have as many oppurtunities to " fall through the cracks" yes it may seem like your whole life is on hold, but better that then thrown to the civilian wolves that could care less about your issues.

So you get full pay on tdrl? And also, do grooming standards, etc. Apply while on tdrl?

NO, you receive just your rating while on TDRL, but in case you are found fit to return to duty, you need to meet standards for reenlistment. Thats why I am saying if you are "stuck" on active duty waiting for the MEB you will atleats have time to "stabilize" and earn more than just your tdrl rating.