Placed on TDRL, Expected PDRL - Appeal?

I've got my formal board for UC coming up on the 19th of next month; going to keep an eye on this thread out of pure curiosity.

They originally offered me the 60%/PDRL upon separation but reduced it to 30%/TDRL after a Chief advised me to appeal (I really didn't want to get out). I'm assuming they're going to force-feed me the big blue weenie one last time before they cut me loose at 10%, despite having severe flare-ups constantly throughout the year.

Should've kept my mouth shut about ever seeing remission, even if it's once or twice a year. Live and learn.

I've got my formal board for UC coming up on the 19th of next month; going to keep an eye on this thread out of pure curiosity.

They originally offered me the 60%/PDRL upon separation but reduced it to 30%/TDRL after a Chief advised me to appeal (I really didn't want to get out). I'm assuming they're going to force-feed me the big blue weenie one last time before they cut me loose at 10%, despite having severe flare-ups constantly throughout the year.

Should've kept my mouth shut about ever seeing remission, even if it's once or twice a year. Live and learn.
Even with all being on immunosuppressants and Imuran I'm still having 4-6 a day. So I haven't seen remission yet. I fought my doc to not send me to Walter Reed. All I'm looking for is 30% medical retirement from the army. I can play with the VA all day. It's scary though

Even with all being on immunosuppressants and Imuran I'm still having 4-6 a day. So I haven't seen remission yet. I fought my doc to not send me to Walter Reed. All I'm looking for is 30% medical retirement from the army. I can play with the VA all day. It's scary though

At this point I've all but given up on receiving the benefits I'm owed. The last board knocked me down to 10% from 30%, despite submitting my last lab results that show my calprotectin levels are 2766% higher than what is classified a "normal" level. I have scopes next week to see if I have cancer so the board refusing to do what's right just isn't worth my time or stress.

I suggest you keep a contemporaneous journal of flareups.

Phaerix,

How did your appeal board go?

I had some bad news, my new GI doc at Walter Reed told me that it would absolutely be 10% rating for me. This compared to my GI doc at Landstuhl who thought for sure at least 30%. Told me I should try to fight and have them retain me... The amount of ambiguity of this whole process is just sad and frustrating.
Who was your Doc at LRMC? That's where I'm going right now.

Chef,

Will shoot you a PM of the name of the doc at LRMC. Thought I had responded here but didn’t so my bad about that.

No update on my end. I’m skating under the radar. I think someone just forgot to even trigger the DAWG to initiate an IRILO. I’m not going out of my way to remind them of it either.

Any updates on your end?

They kept me on TDRL. The SAFPC just paperwhipped my case and copy pasted exactly what the FPEB said. Even after my doctor specifically said in my records that i was in endoscopic remission and stable and unlikely to change in 3 years. They're just hoping to lower my rating later is all.