Possible 3 Year wait after PDBR approval?

Perci75

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello All,

I received my letter from the AF a couple of days ago changing my rating from 10% to 30% and re-characterizing my seperation to disability retirement. I called the AFPC, per the letter and talked to a lady about the SBP. She went over some things and stated this was just the beginning of a very lengthy process. Some people have been in the process 3 year! Im not sure if the this is the typical period of time this process is taking? Was wondering how other individuals faired with the process from start to finish?

Thanks!

Hello All,

I received my letter from the AF a couple of days ago changing my rating from 10% to 30% and re-characterizing my seperation to disability retirement. I called the AFPC, per the letter and talked to a lady about the SBP. She went over some things and stated this was just the beginning of a very lengthy process. Some people have been in the process 3 year! Im not sure if the this is the typical period of time this process is taking? Was wondering how other individuals faired with the process from start to finish?

Thanks!
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, congratulations on your PDBR approval and enjoy your military disability retirement! Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, congratulations on your PDBR approval and enjoy your military disability retirement! Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Thanks Warrior644!

I was not expecting a change in my disability much less a change of separation to retirement as well as % change. Still in shock!

My current timeline:

Submitted form for PDBR - 9/12/2016
PDBR Letter received: 6/07/2018